Britannia.

Yorkypete

I know this is partly a repeat of the questions I asked previously. Firstly, can anyone who has just been on Britannia to the Baltic tell us  about the free  shuttle buses in the ports. Secondly, what is it like on board now and did you keep to the scheduled itinery? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I just returned from a Baltic cruise on Britannia. Not sure if your itineraries will be the same, but we kept to ours and on schedule. Also bear in mind some destinations have more than one place to dock, although they are likely to use the same one. Shuttle buses were always FREE as we booked a ‘Select’ price but charged to your on board account if you booked a ‘Saver’ price. You get your boarding pass scanned as you board the bus.

Skagen - there was a shuttle bus provided, free for both saver and select. We didn’t use it as the walk into town was only 15-20 mins.

Kiel - no shuttle bus but only a short walk into town

Stockholm - shuttle bus to Stromgatan, opposite the Opera. £5 per adult, £2.50 per child if Saver fare passenger. We didn’t use this as we got on a ‘Red Sightseeing’ hop on hop off bus just outside the port, which was well worth it in Stockholm.

Helsinki - shuttle bus to Makasiinterminaali (£4/£2 for Saver)

Tallinn - shuttle bus to Mere Blvd Old Town (£4/£2 for Saver)

Copenhagen - no shuttle provided. There are hop on hop off buses waiting alongside the port. We walked. About 10/15 min walk to the Little Mermaid and another 15/20min walk to Nyhaven. We like walking and it’s a nice walk wherever you are heading. Walked for over 5 hours one day! 

It was brilliant on board, our second time on Britannia. We had a fantastic time!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, elsieelsie said:

Hi, I just returned from a Baltic cruise on Britannia. Not sure if your itineraries will be the same, but we kept to ours and on schedule. Also bear in mind some destinations have more than one place to dock, although they are likely to use the same one. Shuttle buses were always FREE as we booked a ‘Select’ price but charged to your on board account if you booked a ‘Saver’ price. You get your boarding pass scanned as you board the bus.

Skagen - there was a shuttle bus provided, free for both saver and select. We didn’t use it as the walk into town was only 15-20 mins.

Stockholm - shuttle bus to Stromgatan, opposite the Opera. £5 per adult, £2.50 per child if Saver fare passenger. We didn’t use this as we got on a ‘Red Sightseeing’ hop on hop off bus just outside the port, which was well worth it in Stockholm.

Copenhagen - no shuttle provided. There are hop on hop off buses waiting alongside the port. We walked. About 10/15 min walk to the Little Mermaid and another 15/20min walk to Nyhaven. We like walking and it’s a nice walk wherever you are heading. Walked for over 5 hours one day! 

It was brilliant on board, our second time on Britannia. We had a fantastic time!

Thank you. Just what we needed!. We have been on Britannia before and it was brilliant. Looking forward to it.

22 hours ago, elsieelsie said:

Thank you from Me too, very useful info.

I will be doing this one next year.

Thanks

23 hours ago, elsieelsie said:

How was the food and choices in MDR?

On 8/23/2022 at 1:38 PM, tokyo1949 said:

How was the food and choices in MDR?

We were on this as well. We are four, two adults, two children. We have not sailed P&O before - been with princess and RCL.

we all thought the MDR food was - as a running average as some nights are better than others - the best of our cruises. The service we had (fixed dining) was also excellent. I would say it was one of the highlights of the experience.

Don’t get me wrong, other aspects on the ship drove me mad re food, like virtually nothing in the atrium without charge. The buffet i found to be more limited than the others. 

I would recommend the breakfast in the restaurant rather than buffet - this was good.

we also tried the beach house and Sindu - both were well above expectations. Oh, we also did the epicurean  afternoon tea - bit of a luxury, but impressive all the same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, Zedlolly said:

hello. I'm a mobility scooter user. Do the shuttle buses take mobility scooters? Do the excursions take them also? Thanks!

Some definitely do as I have been on when passengers have used them but I cannot say if all buses at all ports do - you would need to ask when onboard.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, Reef Dreamer said:

We were on this as well. We are four, two adults, two children. We have not sailed P&O before - been with princess and RCL.

we all thought the MDR food was - as a running average as some nights are better than others - the best of our cruises. The service we had (fixed dining) was also excellent. I would say it was one of the highlights of the experience.

Don’t get me wrong, other aspects on the ship drove me mad re food, like virtually nothing in the atrium without charge. The buffet i found to be more limited than the others. 

I would recommend the breakfast in the restaurant rather than buffet - this was good.

we also tried the beach house and Sindu - both were well above expectations. Oh, we also did the epicurean  afternoon tea - bit of a luxury, but impressive all the same.

Is fixed dining back on Britannia? We sail end of October, select fare, and we haven't had option for fixed.

Thanks!
Tracey

10 hours ago, david63 said:

Some definitely do as I have been on when passengers have used them but I cannot say if all buses at all ports do - you would need to ask when onboard.

P&O usually manage to arrange some accessible shuttles which take all types of mobility chairs and scooters,  but the normal tour buses don't usually take mobility scooters, although they do take folding manual wheelchairs.

26 minutes ago, PamelaElle said:

Does anyone who has got off Britannia recently know if the laundrettes are open? I'm stressing about how much to pack and I don't mind washing clothes on holiday. 😄

Thanks

We are on Britannia now so I will find out if the laundrette is open & let you know. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, jones721 said:

Is fixed dining back on Britannia?

Yes, we have an 8.30pm sitting - the earlier sitting is at 6.30pm & are both in the Oriental Restaurant. 

1 hour ago, PamelaElle said:

Does anyone who has got off Britannia recently know if the laundrettes are open? I'm stressing about how much to pack and I don't mind washing clothes on holiday. 😄

Thanks

I've just checked the one on C deck and that is open so assume they are all open. 

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, Astrajet said:

We are on Britannia now so I will find out if the laundrette is open & let you know. 

Yes, we have an 8.30pm sitting - the earlier sitting is at 6.30pm & are both in the Oriental Restaurant. 

Shouldn't the option for this show up on MyP&O /  personaliser if I booked on launch and paid select fare just like it shows bed arrangements, cabin, flights, etc? Or is it something that the travel agent should have contacted me about? Thanks!

2 hours ago, jones721 said:

Shouldn't the option for this show up on MyP&O /  personaliser if I booked on launch and paid select fare just like it shows bed arrangements, cabin, flights, etc? Or is it something that the travel agent should have contacted me about? Thanks!

I book through a TA and always choose Club Dining so I'm asked what sitting & table size I would prefer.

I can't recall ever seeing this information in My P&O Cruises but does appear on the Confirmation Invoice. 

On 9/5/2022 at 4:13 PM, Zedlolly said:

hello. I'm a mobility scooter user. Do the shuttle buses take mobility scooters? Do the excursions take them also? Thanks!

First time poster but live from Britannia as I type.

Kiel - no shuttles but town easily walkable.

Just left Stockholm and yes buses took mobility scooters, only one per shuttle bus though.  All drivers and staff were extremely helpful and patient, you will have no issues here.  

Will report back from Helsinki, Tallinn, Visby and Copenhagen.

Launderette is open.

• Thanks 1