How to find availability for specific cabin #s (regardless of date)??

quiescentlyfrozen

I'm trying to get a specific cabin type on Celebrity Millenium (formerly called a "Family Veranda", now I gather it's about to be called something else?) There are apparently only about 12 of these on the ship. 

My dates are extremely flexible - just looking for Alaska trip in 2023 or 2024, any dates between June and August - but really strong preference for one of these rooms. 

Short of manually checking every sailing date for 12 cabins of availability... is there any better way to find out which sailings have one or more of these rooms available?! Thank you in advance for any tips you can give! 

Unfortunately, Celebrity has screwed with the ability to see/book an FV on an M class ship on their web site for many years. 

Whether the cabins you want (we have loved them in past years - did a corner FV on Summit in Alaska for its 270 degree views!) are called FV (until April 2023) or UV (Ultra Deluxe Veranda, after April 2023) probably won't matter to this.  Yes, for 2023, you have only the Millennium as an M class option in Alaska.

Celebrity have consistently attempted to book 5 into these cabins, but online, there's no way to select more than 4 pax for a cabin, so the FV and UV cabins don't show up online.  You either call Celebrity or use a good travel agent for these cabins.

My recommendation is to find a strong Celebrity travel agent who knows how to play the game with Celebrity of booking these in advance for less than 5 people.  That said, bookings on M class Alaskan sailings in 2023 are VERY strong already.  Best you can probably do is waitlist for one.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for the quick replies! 

@canderson Thanks for this - I haven't cruised in more than a decade, so I'm certainly off my game! 

Any reccs on who / what agency you might consider a  "strong Celebrity" travel agent? (Last time I used a travel agent it was basically a google crapshoot, and I regretted it!)

8 minutes ago, quiescentlyfrozen said:

Thanks so much for the quick replies! 

@canderson Thanks for this - I haven't cruised in more than a decade, so I'm certainly off my game! 

Any reccs on who / what agency you might consider a  "strong Celebrity" travel agent? (Last time I used a travel agent it was basically a google crapshoot, and I regretted it!)

I only wish I could.  Cruise Critic rules do not permit that.  I did, interestingly enough, have someone contact me just a few minutes ago about this though.  If you're on a PC, look below.

Edited by canderson
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, quiescentlyfrozen said:

I'm trying to get a specific cabin type on Celebrity Millenium (formerly called a "Family Veranda", now I gather it's about to be called something else?) There are apparently only about 12 of these on the ship. 

My dates are extremely flexible - just looking for Alaska trip in 2023 or 2024, any dates between June and August - but really strong preference for one of these rooms. 

Short of manually checking every sailing date for 12 cabins of availability... is there any better way to find out which sailings have one or more of these rooms available?! Thank you in advance for any tips you can give! 

You are stuck having to manually check each sailing.  If Celebrity allows the FV/UV cabins to be booked by less than 5 people, the cabins will be visible to you when you are booking online.  Earlier this year I remember seeing Millennium FV cabins available for May and Sep sailings when I did a mock booking for just my wife and me--most likely because school is in session during that time.  Something to consider although your post says you are not interested in those months.

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

--most likely because school is in session during that time.  Something to consider although your post says you are not interested in those months.

Spot on, mahdnc.  Unfortunately, the OP seems to be interested in Alaska, which runs pretty much only during the period where kids are out of school, and these cabins are very often booked by families for those itineraries anyway, so the website won't be of help.

Again, about the only choice is to try to waitlist for one on a 2023 itinerary via either Celebrity or frozen's TA.  I'd be making contact NOW given how full these cruises are already.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Spot on, mahdnc.  Unfortunately, the OP seems to be interested in Alaska, which runs pretty much only during the period where kids are out of school, and these cabins are very often booked by families for those itineraries anyway, so the website won't be of help.

Again, about the only choice is to try to waitlist for one on a 2023 itinerary via either Celebrity or frozen's TA.  I'd be making contact NOW given how full these cruises are already.

My point was that he may want to consider May or Sep Alaska cruises because of his "really strong preference for one of these rooms". 

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

My point was that he may want to consider May or Sep Alaska cruises because of his "really strong preference for one of these rooms". 

Agreed, but X doesn't show them on the web at all for Millie May-Sept in Alaska.  No way to do it by "checking each sailing" as was earlier suggested.  It requires direct contact.

Just now, canderson said:

Agreed, but X doesn't show them on the web at all for Millie May-Sept in Alaska.  No way to do it by "checking each sailing" as was earlier suggested.  It requires direct contact.

Earlier this year, I did see the FVs available on line for 2 passengers for May and Sep 2022 Millennium sailings.

My wife and I are booked in an Constellation FV for our upcoming TA.  I have been watching FV pricing by doing mock bookings over the past few months.  I notice that when the FVs are actually sold out (someone in our roll call books the last one), they simply don't appear as an option to book. 

I remember in the past seeing "Sold Out" on FV cabins when doing mock bookings on other sailings in the past years.  I am not sure if that is still a thing and, if it is, what it means today.

Edited by mahdnc