Early disembarkation when tendering

marylovestotravel

Get to the lounge early with all your group in tow

get your tender tickets & stay in the lounge so you know when your number/colour is called

The O shore tours go first  but sometimes there is room on the early tenders for independents

On our last cruise (nov 2021), the day before the private tour tender, I waited until the shorex desk didn't have a line, and sweetly asked with a smile if any accommodation could be made the next morning for an early tender for a private tour starting early.  It was arranged in a moment. 

I've found that being super-nice to those poor shorex folks goes a long, long way.  They always seem surprised to be treated with respect.  Which is sad.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 6:10 PM, Kate-AHF said:

On our last cruise (nov 2021), the day before the private tour tender, I waited until the shorex desk didn't have a line, and sweetly asked with a smile if any accommodation could be made the next morning for an early tender for a private tour starting early.  It was arranged in a moment. 

I've found that being super-nice to those poor shorex folks goes a long, long way.  They always seem surprised to be treated with respect.  Which is sad.

While I certainly agree with Kate’s approach, perhaps she should likewise tell us at what capacity the ship was sailing. I’ve had groups of merely 10-12 on a full Marina and had to wait an hour + to be allowed on a tender. 

This can be an iffy situation. Your 8 hour shore tour might be cut by an hour because Oceania gives priority to its 3-5 hour tours.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:12 PM, pinotlover said:

While I certainly agree with Kate’s approach, perhaps she should likewise tell us at what capacity the ship was sailing. I’ve had groups of merely 10-12 on a full Marina and had to wait an hour + to be allowed on a tender. 

This can be an iffy situation. Your 8 hour shore tour might be cut by an hour because Oceania gives priority to its 3-5 hour tours.

900-1100 for the segments we did.  That's all I remember.

I know for the crossing it was close to full.