Pre land tour transition to cruise ship

ctr5000

We r on the Royal Caribbean land/sea tour. The land tour starts in Fairbanks and the cruise on Radiance of the Seas starts in Seward. My understanding is Royal Caribbean is enforcing their check-in times.  Since RC is providing the transportation to Seward, I had no idea what time they would get us there.  So I called RC and they said it’s a 3 hr drive and we r supposed to leave around noon so make check-in at about 3 hrs later. But he didn’t sound too confident.  Has anyone had experience with the land-sea tour transition recently and can speak to how they handle boarding from their own land tour?

The three hour drive time is from Anchorage to Seward.  Unless they are making some stops (such as at the Alaska Conservation Center) the time will likely be more like two and a half hours.  I have no idea if RC is closely enforcing check-in times but since you are on one of their land tours I would expect you can just check in.

The Seward cruise terminal is essentially a large warehouse with lots of space.  Pre-covid when a ship was docked a coffee cart was open.  If you can't immediately check-in there is a generous seating area.  

The terminal is on one side of the small boat harbor and from the terminal you can see the Harbor 360 hotel.  It is an easy walk from the terminal to the Harbor 360.  There are shops and restaurants in that area.  Or take a walk on the floats in the small boat harbor and look for harbor seals.