Meravigilia Balcony 9222

blueslily

Hello all,

I am thinking about booking a cruise on the Meraviglia for this October. I am looking at the available balcony cabins. Cabin number 9222 is available. When I look at the deck plan on the website, it looks like that cabin has an odd shaped balcony. And the balcony possibly looks bigger than other balconies. The cabin right beside it also is a little different in shape, but does not look as big. Cabin 9222 is also a little bit more inward than some of the other balconies. I did a search for this cabin. I did find one really good review. No pictures or videos though. Everything else is just the basic information for all B2 category balconies on the ship. Does anyone know what that type of balcony is on that cabin? Also, what are the pros and cons of being in a balcony cabin that's a little bit more inward versus being a bit more extended over the ship. Is it indeed a bigger balcony? Any possible issues?  Like with it being inward, will people on the deck above, be able to look down at me on my balcony. 

Also, what's the best side of this ship for views when docked in ports? The even or odd side? I think it's the odd side except when parked for COCO Cay. Is that correct? 

5 hours ago, blueslily said:

Hello all,

I am thinking about booking a cruise on the Meraviglia for this October. I am looking at the available balcony cabins. Cabin number 9222 is available. When I look at the deck plan on the website, it looks like that cabin has an odd shaped balcony. And the balcony possibly looks bigger than other balconies. The cabin right beside it also is a little different in shape, but does not look as big. Cabin 9222 is also a little bit more inward than some of the other balconies. I did a search for this cabin. I did find one really good review. No pictures or videos though. Everything else is just the basic information for all B2 category balconies on the ship. Does anyone know what that type of balcony is on that cabin? Also, what are the pros and cons of being in a balcony cabin that's a little bit more inward versus being a bit more extended over the ship. Is it indeed a bigger balcony? Any possible issues?  Like with it being inward, will people on the deck above, be able to look down at me on my balcony. 

Also, what's the best side of this ship for views when docked in ports? The even or odd side? I think it's the odd side except when parked for COCO Cay. Is that correct? 

From deck plans it appears angled balcony.  You mean Ocean Cay?  If so, that room is side you want.

For extra room the angled balconies are great.  I had a larger one on the seaside and you could fit 20 people on it.  Of course this was in 2018 when the angled balconies were just a balcony.  All balconies were the same price.

Now they are all different prices depending on location, deck etc.

3 hours ago, publicpersona said:

9222 balcony is the last one on the "inset" of balcony staterooms. It does have a larger balcony so that's nice. But there is also a solid wall on the left side looking out that occludes looking down the side of the ship towards the front. See red arrow

image.thumb.png.f885ff8bcaa76655655178939dda1f54.png

Oh, this is very helpful. Thanks so much! Yep, dont think I want to be right against that wall. Thanks

37 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

For extra room the angled balconies are great.  I had a larger one on the seaside and you could fit 20 people on it.  Of course this was in 2018 when the angled balconies were just a balcony.  All balconies were the same price.

Now they are all different prices depending on location, deck etc.

Yes, I was surprised to see it included in the batch of regular cabins. But, over the photo above, there is a big wall on the left side so that's a big downside. So, I guess there are pros and cons that equal out to perhaps a con for that cabin. So, yes, maybe the lower price is understandable compared to other cabins with larger balconies. 

I take an angled balcony whenever I can.  I have one bookebd for the Meraviglia in April....same cabin we had in 2019.  We loved it so much....came home and booked the same cabin for the next year (2020).  Who knew we'd have to wait 3 years.........and I keep checking to make sure I'm not moved (they did this once).

@blueslilyThe cabin I'm talking about is 8192....it should be directly under yours.  As I said...we loved it.  Ours was considered an obstructed view...I don't remember any issues caused by an obstruction or a wall.  Having the extra room out there was fantastic!

Edited by MsTabbyKats

5 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I take an angled balcony whenever I can.  I have one booked for the Meraviglia in April....same cabin we had in 2019.  We loved it so much....came home and booked the same cabin for the next year (2020).  Who knew we'd have to wait 3 years.........and I keep checking to make sure I'm not moved (they did this once).

Great. What is the cabin number? Did it have that big wall right beside it like shown in post #3 above? That wall does not look pleasant at all. 

Edited by blueslily

Just now, blueslily said:

Great. What is the cabin number? Did it have that big wall right beside it like shown in post #3 above? That wall does not look pleasant at all. 

I just answered.  2019 was a lifetime ago....but, I remember no issues at all...came home that day and booked the same cabin for the "next year".  Ours is/was 8192. (Loved the entire ship...not just the cabin.)

If anything, a wall gives you privacy...."protects" you from noisy neighbors.

I just answered.  2019 was a lifetime ago....but, I remember no issues at all...came home that day and booked the same cabin for the "next year".  Ours is/was 8192. (Loved the entire ship...not just the cabin.)

If anything, a wall gives you privacy...."protects" you from noisy neighbors.

Ok. Thanks. Odd, in the photo above it looks like a life boat is right in front of that room and maybe a little less wall. Thanks so much for sharing about your experience. I will weigh the pros and cons of that area. I certainly agree about privacy from neighbors 🙂  I'm traveling solo on this sailing, but love extra space whenever I can get it! 

5 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Ok. Thanks. Odd, in the photo above it looks like a life boat is right in front of that room and maybe a little less wall. Thanks so much for sharing about your experience. I will weigh the pros and cons of that area. I certainly agree about privacy from neighbors 🙂  I'm traveling solo on this sailing, but love extra space whenever I can get it! 

Yes...my cabin is "obstructed" view....but, for us, extra balcony is worth the lesser view.  (I really can't remember how much the lifeboat blocked the view.  Obviously if we booked the same cabin the next day....it wasn't an issue at all.) Anyway....yours doesn't have that problem.  If you like stretching out...angled balcony is the way to go. 

Whatever you decide...enjoy your trip.

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes...my cabin is "obstructed" view....but, for us, extra balcony is worth the lesser view.  (I really can't remember how much the lifeboat blocked the view.  Obviously if we booked the same cabin the next day....it wasn't an issue at all.) Anyway....yours doesn't have that problem.  If you like stretching out...angled balcony is the way to go. 

Whatever you decide...enjoy your trip.

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to being on the Meraviglia again. It's a beautiful ship. There have been negative reviews lately, but my focus is on relaxing so I think I will be ok. Thanks so much for your replies. Enjoy sailing as well 🛳🏝🙋‍♀️🌞

@blueslily

On "other ships" when the lifeboat was directly in front of the cabin...you couldn't go out on the balcony.  According to the "deckplans" website, the the lifeboats are on Deck 7.  I definitely was able to use the balcony....so I'm thinking it was just the top of the lifeboat that blocked the view.

I haven't read recent reviews (I tend to focus on my next booked cruise...which is in 2 weeks on CCL) but I take negativity with a grain of salt.  The only thing that would upset me is if the pizza went downhill!

@blueslily

On "other ships" when the lifeboat was directly in front of the cabin...you couldn't go out on the balcony.  According to the "deckplans" website, the the lifeboats are on Deck 7.  I definitely was able to use the balcony....so I'm thinking it was just the top of the lifeboat that blocked the view.

I haven't read recent reviews (I tend to focus on my next booked cruise...which is in 2 weeks on CCL) but I take negativity with a grain of salt.  The only thing that would upset me is if the pizza went downhill!

Same here about not worrying about reviews. But, people are just mentioning those reviews a lot. We all have different experiences. So, I'm focusing on having a good and relaxing experience. And to me, planning is as much fun as the actual cruising experience.  Hahahha. 

Edited by blueslily

For those that have had the larger angled balconies on deck 8,9, etc. - were you successful in getting a lounger put out there?  We have one next week and it would be nice to have something beyond the standard chair.  Thank you!

Just FYI, you can also call to find out if a specific cabin you want is available. They only show a limited amount available when you book online. I booked one that was available but they called and was able to get a aft balcony on deck 10 that otherwise did not show available. 

6 hours ago, Fitzget said:

Just FYI, you can also call to find out if a specific cabin you want is available. They only show a limited amount available when you book online. I booked one that was available but they called and was able to get a aft balcony on deck 10 that otherwise did not show available. 

Thank you!