Transpacific COVID requirement's, different again??

I noticed that check in has opened for the Transpacific re positioning cruises leaving Honolulu in October for Sydney and Brisbane.

Different again to other cruises leaving American Ports............

Even though they are 18/19 nights, no mention of COVID testing required before boarding so looks like its not required? Guessing this is because they don't return to an American Port, anyone else notice this or can confirm? BUT all passengers must be fully vaccinated as is required to enter Australia and NZ which they also call at en route, so the unvaccinated cant go on this one!

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would assume at this point that you will have to test since your sailing is longer than 9 nights and you are leaving from an US port, Hawaii.

I agree, but NO mention of any testing being required to board BUT a lot about the need to be up to date with vaccination as both Australia and NZ will deny entry otherwise?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

Fully vaccinated guests 5 years of age and older must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 10 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries.

I don’t think it’s different than other US ports because the only exceptions for US ports are those sailings to Canada or Bermuda. It clearly states you “must bring a negative test.”

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, easyqueasy said:

I don’t think it’s different than other US ports because the only exceptions for US ports are those sailings to Canada or Bermuda. It clearly states you “must bring a negative test.”

Not on my Check in documents! All it clearly says is you have to be fully vaccinated and health screening will be conducted at pre boarding, no requirement for pre testing at all? These ships don’t return to the US for about 6 months, they are being deployed to Australia, as Canada and Bermuda are different, maybe Australia is as well.........with a different set of boarding rules?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 6:46 PM, Hammer61 said:

no mention of COVID testing required before boarding so looks like its not required?

Digging through the documents i found testing is required, so apologies BUT..............You can do a home test and take a photo of it as proof or even take the test to the port with you!!! not sure i would be doing that 🤮 But at least its not the supervised variety and costs associated with them that are required on cruises departing before 5th September...

Here's a link and the relevant bit.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

Accepted Tests for U.S. Cruises Departing on or After September 5, 2022; with No Stops in Canada or Bermuda

• The test you take can be professionally administered by a health professional, such as a doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits for these sailings are not required to be administered under live video supervision.
  •  
  • You will present the negative test result at the time of boarding. You can show it in the form of a printout, an email, or an app screen from the test provider. Or you can show a picture of your negative home test on your phone, or present the actual negative test itself.

just to update, here is the latest on what maybe required for the Transpacific crossings!!!!

From what i know a negative home RAS test within 24 hours is all that is required for cruises in Australia along with being fully vaccinated.

Be interesting to see what RCI decide with this one??

Pre-cruise testing
Before arriving on boarding day, it is likely that all guests will need to take a COVID-19 test on their own, at their own expense, to meet boarding requirements in line with Australian Federal and State Government guidance. We will provide information about any testing requirements via email, a minimum of 30 days prior to your departure.
Edited by Hammer61

agreedn very unclear if boarding in Honolulu...do we requier a pcr test ( paid ) at least 3 days prior or just a rats test ( unsupervised )  Million dollar question what happens if you get cov before arriving in Sydney as apparently no mandatory tests required by Australia... who pays for qauarantine/isolation if required ? cant get answers from Royal and no insurance coverage for cov on multi night cruises !

17 hours ago, allwyn said:

very unclear if boarding in Honolulu...do we requier a pcr test ( paid ) at least 3 days prior or just a rats test ( unsupervised ) 

Well we should get the Email telling us what testing we will need in the next week, at home RAS or the supervised version or if testing will be required at all as everyone will have to be fully vaccinated and its 19 days before we arrive in Sydney, so maybe Tahiti and New Zealand requirments are what will matter, Sydney is just the final stop on this cruise and then the port the Ovation will be using as home for the next 6 months so will need to follow Australian rather than US protocols.

17 hours ago, allwyn said:

what happens if you get cov before arriving in Sydney

They have designated COVID cabins, test positive you get moved to one of them to complete your isolation, unless you need medical attention i dont think you have to pay, you have after all paid to be on the cruise! Although dont take that as being the case, im just assuming it is.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:50 AM, allwyn said:

agreedn very unclear if boarding in Honolulu...do we requier a pcr test ( paid ) at least 3 days prior or just a rats test ( unsupervised )  Million dollar question what happens if you get cov before arriving in Sydney as apparently no mandatory tests required by Australia... who pays for qauarantine/isolation if required ? cant get answers from Royal and no insurance coverage for cov on multi night cruises !

We just today purchased a policy from the Tripinsurancestore.  Flying oneway CA. to Seattle, boarding Ovation to Alaska ending in Vancouver, staying three nights in Vancouver and boarding Quantum to Honolulu, staying two nights in Hawaii and flying one way back to CA. 22  nights of which 17 are cruise ship nights. Policy covers us start to finish with covid and isolation costs mostly covered.  tripinsurancestore  is highly recommended here on CC. Priced at $571 total for both of us which is not bad as I am well over 70. 

• Like 1