Too Early for Shore Excursions or Sold Out

soniam

This is our 2nd cruise on Celebrity, Beyond 11 night Italy, Turkey, Greece, July 2023. Our first was a Caribbean in 2018, and I don't recall having any issues booking excursions. It looks like I booked a few months before the cruise. I was looking at what's available for the new cruise, and some places, like Naples, only list 2 excursions. If excursions are sold out, is that listed or do they just not appear? I am wondering if it's just too early. I know that the cruise lines are having issues with tour operators either not being open, not having enough staff, or local health regulations. I got gunshy after our Disney cruise in July. By the time I was able to book excursions (based upon loyalty status), there wasn't anything available at one of the ports. I ended up booking one outside of Disney, but I don't always like doing that. Thanks

12 minutes ago, soniam said:

This is our 2nd cruise on Celebrity, Beyond 11 night Italy, Turkey, Greece, July 2023. Our first was a Caribbean in 2018, and I don't recall having any issues booking excursions. It looks like I booked a few months before the cruise. I was looking at what's available for the new cruise, and some places, like Naples, only list 2 excursions. If excursions are sold out, is that listed or do they just not appear? I am wondering if it's just too early. I know that the cruise lines are having issues with tour operators either not being open, not having enough staff, or local health regulations. I got gunshy after our Disney cruise in July. By the time I was able to book excursions (based upon loyalty status), there wasn't anything available at one of the ports. I ended up booking one outside of Disney, but I don't always like doing that. Thanks

I recently had the same experience as you with my upcoming cruise in January 2023. There were no excursions for 2 of the ports. But about a week later, they started showing up...and then dribbled in over the next 2 weeks.

If they are sold out, they will still show up but with a banner saying they are sold out.

I think it'll be a little bit before they start showing up for you...

Hope this helps...bon voyage!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I recently had the same experience as you with my upcoming cruise in January 2023. There were no excursions for 2 of the ports. But about a week later, they started showing up...and then dribbled in over the next 2 weeks.

If they are sold out, they will still show up but with a banner saying they are sold out.

I think it'll be a little bit before they start showing up for you...

Hope this helps...bon voyage!

Oh good. That's what I was hoping for. Nothing showed as sold out, so it was hard to tell. Disney just doesn't list it sometimes if it's sold out; sometimes they do with an indication. I think I had read your post, because I was trying to get an idea. Thank you

We booked a couple of weeks for a cruise on Apex this October & most excursions that I wanted to do were sold out.

I’ve gone with private tour operators by looking at recommendations here & hoping it works out.

However in your case I suspect that it’s a bit early. 

• Like 1

We booked a couple of weeks for a cruise on Apex this October & most excursions that I wanted to do were sold out.

I’ve gone with private tour operators by looking at recommendations here & hoping it works out.

However in your case I suspect that it’s a bit early. 

We tend to do private tours anyway. 

• Like 1