restaurant in cabo

terrifish

We have an overnight in Cabo in December and would like suggestions for a restaurant not too far from where we are tendered for 6 seniors to have a nice Mexican dinner and margaritas with chips and salsa.  We don't want fancy, just good food moderately priced.  Thanks to everyone.

• Like 1

If you want easy and close, that's simple. Solomon's Landing on the Marina Walk has great food and it's close by. Guy Fieri even did a show from there (although it was about their breakfast offerings).

A little further away there is Pancho's on Calle Miguel Hidalgo (aka restaurant row), or nearby on Calle Cabo San Lucas (the block behind Hidalgo) but a little further down the street. It's probably the prettiest setting, but sometimes the food can run from "just ok" to great. We've always had good meals there.

This google map will show you all 3 restaurants.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZwnRddjDfvS4Y6XJ8

• Like 1

We’ve visited both Los Deseos and La Chatita. Both are right on the marina, waterfront views and delicious food. We had guacamole made table side at La Chatita, it is also the closest of the two to where you tender into the marina. Lots of really great places to eat in Cabo for sure!

On 8/29/2022 at 6:57 PM, SDPadreFan said:

If you want easy and close, that's simple. Solomon's Landing on the Marina Walk has great food and it's close by. Guy Fieri even did a show from there (although it was about their breakfast offerings).

A little further away there is Pancho's on Calle Miguel Hidalgo (aka restaurant row), or nearby on Calle Cabo San Lucas (the block behind Hidalgo) but a little further down the street. It's probably the prettiest setting, but sometimes the food can run from "just ok" to great. We've always had good meals there.

This google map will show you all 3 restaurants.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZwnRddjDfvS4Y6XJ8

So the second restaurant I forgot to name in my second paragraph is called Mi Casa. That's the one a little further away than Panchos (maybe 3 blocks) that is on Calle Cabo San Lucas.

• 2 months later...

We were just there on Oct 28th. Part of our week at our timeshare in Cabo. Even though we pay for AI at our resort, we do sometimes like to return to one of our favorites. BUT it has gotten expensive. Our party of 5 rang up a $500 bill (plus tip). So no longer mid range dining as in years past. Example: Catch of the day (sea bass) was @ $37.00. But the food is still excellent and the view incomparable. 10 min by car/cab is probably accurate. Hacienda Cocina y Cantina is on the road on the back side of the marina. Same road also goes BEHIND the indoor mall. MAKE SURE the cab driver actually drives you into the Hacienda compound (past the gate guard). Ours wanted to drop us off at the turnaround outside of the gate. It would be a steep uphill climb to get to the Cocina from there. Enjoy your dinner and the view. They also had a pretty good live band playing there at night when we were there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FrizzbeeCruiser said:

Has anyone been to the Hacienda Cocina? Any idea how fast from port? Maps says 10 minutes can ride. Unsure of that's accurate or safe? 

Cab ride would be the best. It is walkable from the tender pier, but that backside road I mentioned above has a lot of construction going on right now in addition to some hills to walk up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tacos & guacamole are not really "the flavor of the culture" Cabo - as wonderful as it is (we've been spending at least a week there every year for 20 years) is an Americanized Baja Resort town.

But if you want taco's & fresh guacamole - here it is

On this street are 4 taco stands - all are considered very good. The street is called

Blvd. Lázaro Cárdenas

https://goo.gl/maps/hyk2aXcQN6Adot9i9

The ones I here talked about most frequently are Taco's Guss and Las Guacamayas but I'm sure all of them are very good.

To get there, walk along the marina walk until you pass by Solomon's Landing. Just after Solomon's there should be a pathway left to the main street (called Blvd Paseo de la Marina). Take the pathway and then turn right on the street. Walk along this street to the right a couple of blocks until you see "The Giggling Marlin" off to the left. Turn left down the street past the Giggling Marlin and go one block to Blvd Lazaro Cardenas. Turn right. At that point there will be at least 4 taco shops along that street including Taco's Guss. Pick one that looks good.

If you want to be more adventurous, I would suggest a restaurant that serves a mocajete (mexican stew served in a hollowed out volcanic rock) or a chicken dish that includes mole (mole is pronounced MOH-lay). Mole is a very labor intensive sauce that will take you all the way back to Aztec times.

My favorite place to get mocajete is Herradero. The original restaurant is in San Jose del Cabo, but there is a second one in Cabo. A little more challenging to get to - it is on the backside of the marina. There might be a way to walk there but I have never tried it, you would just follow the marina walk all the way around to here. The problem is that if there is an obstacle to walking there, your teenagers are likely to get frustrated and whiny.

https://goo.gl/maps/ypecvRmpZUw5rTzZ7

The easy way would be to catch a cab.

Edited by SDPadreFan