ArriveCAN question

If I'm understanding it correctly, we will get some kind of QR code prior to our Canada arrival date.  What if you don't have a smart phone like my older travel companion?  Also, if you do have a phone but no service coverage on the ship or in Canada, then what?  I don't want to accrue $$$ in roaming fees.

25 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

If I'm understanding it correctly, we will get some kind of QR code prior to our Canada arrival date.  What if you don't have a smart phone like my older travel companion?  Also, if you do have a phone but no service coverage on the ship or in Canada, then what?  I don't want to accrue $$$ in roaming fees.

Yes, you get an email with a QR code in it.  However, and I just returned from Canada Sunday from a one night stay, you don't have to show it.  Your passport is linked to the system and when you give the agent at the kiosk, they see your ArriveCan in the system.  We never showed our QR code/email. 

Also, if it makes you or your companion feel better, print out the email with the QR code/email and take it with you.  You'll not need a phone. 

Edited in:  BTW, I don't know what phone service you use, but Verizon offers a temporary international (Canada and Mexico) plan for a few bucks.  Again, if it gives you peace of mind, look into that.  Also, I believe if you purchase the ship's internet package, you can make Wi-Fi calls over their system at no extra charge.  But, that's only good while on the ship.

Edited by Ret MP

On 8/29/2022 at 6:58 AM, StrikeEagle said:

Our family  have 3 people.   Do we need to create 3 separate accounts or can I create one account and add family members to it.  Thanks

I believe as long as they all live at the same address one account.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

True, but we did have to show it to the airline before the flight.  

That's an airline thing, which doesn't mean much, if the airline requires it, it's required and that's that.  But, the Canadian border guards won't ask for it as long as the ArriveCan was filled out correctly.

40 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

That's an airline thing, which doesn't mean much, if the airline requires it, it's required and that's that.  But, the Canadian border guards won't ask for it as long as the ArriveCan was filled out correctly.

I agree, my point is that someone that does not have a smart phone will need to print out the email to board the plane to Canada..

• Like 1