Hiring a private car service in St. Maarten

Elationismyship

Just my husband and I and we want a private tour of the island, we’d like to visit a few shops (some alcohol shops off the beaten path) and stop at Maho beach.  I know we can just grab a taxi but not sure if taxi will just wait for us while we shop, etc.  Hoping to find a private driver.  Any recommendations?

26 minutes ago, Elationismyship said:

Just my husband and I and we want a private tour of the island, we’d like to visit a few shops (some alcohol shops off the beaten path) and stop at Maho beach.  I know we can just grab a taxi but not sure if taxi will just wait for us while we shop, etc.  Hoping to find a private driver.  Any recommendations?

Personally, one (or family/friends) would not use anybody except LGV Limos.

Haven’t used them since 2019, but do not think their standards would have dropped.

Give them a call to discuss your special day, It’s good to talk.

The best alcohol shop for range and styles is 

http://www.gulmoharsxm.com - 

There really is not another store to compare, especially if one is seeking rare Malts and Rum.

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The best alcohol shop for range and styles is 

http://www.gulmoharsxm.com - 

There really is not another store to compare, especially if one is seeking rare Malts and Rum.

I’ve heard this too.  Is it safe just to take a cab to this store and back?  Or is it in the downtown area that if we just got into town we’d find it?

Edited by Elationismyship
Add text

1 hour ago, Elationismyship said:

I’ve heard this too.  Is it safe just to take a cab to this store and back?  Or is it in the downtown area that if we just got into town we’d find it?

Very safe…..

Take a shared minibus taxi from the port.  They usually drop people off at start of downtown, being eastern end of Front Street…… Walk west… Past the ferry shuttle dock on your left… About 30 yards down on the right is the store.  You can not miss it.

Could take the shuttle ferry back to the ship, or just hail a minivan taxi, as plenty ply their trade up/down Front Street…

12 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Very safe…..

Take a shared minibus taxi from the port.  They usually drop people off at start of downtown, being eastern end of Front Street…… Walk west… Past the ferry shuttle dock on your left… About 30 yards down on the right is the store.  You can not miss it.

Could take the shuttle ferry back to the ship, or just hail a minivan taxi, as plenty ply their trade up/down Front Street…

Sorry.  Had a thought about causing confusion.

There are two ferry docks, one at the eastern end of Front Street, and the other at mid-town.

The store is just past the mid-town one.  

I'll just add a personal option. Take a shared taxi from the taxi stand (just beyond the dock across from where you buy tickets to the water taxi, taxi stand is on your right hand side) to Maho Beach opting for a roundtrip.

Stay at Maho as long as you want (taking into consideration your need to be back onboard your ship) and when ready to return they'll be taxi's lined up (showing your wrist band for your roundtrip) just out front of the Sunset Bar.

Tell the taxi driver to drop you off in town rather than back to the taxi stand. Shop all you want in town and then take the water taxi back to your ship. We've done this exact thing many times including as recently as March and April during our St Maarten port stops.