Best of Norway cruise question

Skicruiser55

1 hour ago, Skicruiser55 said:

For anyone who sailed this itinerary in June & July... Does it warm up enough to wear summer clothes?

Here is a "Live From" for the Voyage of the Vikings, in the same very general area. In August. I read enough to see it was going to be PRETTY CHILLY! or potentially so.

ETA: Looked at the itinerary maps and it's not really the same territory, only one port in Netherlands and one in Norway on the Voyage of Vikings! 

Edited by crystalspin

We are currently on Rotterdam in Iceland and it is 55°F and it is 9.15pm at night.  

We brought layers including thermal base layers, but it has been too warm to wear the thermals and today we were in Reykjavik and I only wore a long sleeve a short sleeve vest, a long sleeve sweatshirt and my windproof jacket.....I was too warm.

In Molde, Norway, I sat out on the verandah during the afternoon.

There is a chill in the air during the evening, however DW says that I do not feel the cold, whereas I say that she starts to shiver is she passes a store selling refrigerators 😉

If we come again next year we will still bring thermals and layers, but I will bring lighter wear too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skicruiser55 said:

@VMax1700how were the seas while sailing on the Norway portion of the cruise?  Thanks for the above response.  Enjoying your LIVE posting. 

A little bumpy a few nights but nothing to cause concerns. And it was bumps, not rolling nor yawing. Just enough to remind you that you were on a ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

For anyone who sailed this itinerary in June & July was it warm enough to be out around the pool on sea days?  How about out on your balcony?  Does it warm up enough to wear summer clothes?

Thanks 

I've been all over Norway, and the rest of the north country, many times in various months. The weather can be as variable as possible. 
I have worn sundresses some days, and sweatshirts with a jacket over the next. One just cannot predict. 

The rain can be cold; the sun can be hot. 
Best to pack for both, and have plenty of layers to choose from. 

You can always sit by the Lido pool, as the roof can be opened/closed as needed. You may (or may not) need to bundle up around the aft pool, but the views can be worth it. 

• Like 3