Embarkation document questions

Kgills

I'm platinum on Princess but It's been almost 10 years since my last cruise and those cruises were all in the Caribbean.  My next cruise is the Emerald Princess transatlantic departing Southampton November 7.  I've got my transportation from Heathrow to Southampton set up, I've booked my hotel, booked my Covid test, and even set up reservations for tea at the Mercure Dolphin and a massage/afternoon of bliss at a spa 🙂  If I'm remembering correctly, when I cruised before I just showed up at the port with my passport and boarding information and got on the ship.  Because of Covid and the fact that I'm getting on the ship in England, I'm starting to slightly stress about what I need to have with me at check in.  What I'm thinking is that I need to complete the online check in process and just show up at the port with my passport, Covid test results, and vaccine information.  Is that all I need? The ship is stopping in France, Spain, Portugal, and the Azores before heading off for six glorious days at sea.  I checked to see if I need a visa for any of the countries but it looks like I don't.   Am I missing something?  I'd hate to get to the ship to check in and find I'm missing a key document or piece of info.  Thanks in advance for your help and input!

Kim

Edited by Kgills

If you're vaccinated you don't need a Covid test. They've dropped that as of today for sailings from the UK. Unless of course you're heading to Greece or on a "special" cruise. They're all described on the Princess web-site.

Passport and proof of vaccination are all you need. We're leaving Southampton on October 7 and that's our list of docs.

37 minutes ago, Kgills said:

I'm platinum on Princess but It's been almost 10 years since my last cruise and those cruises were all in the Caribbean.  My next cruise is the Emerald Princess transatlantic departing Southampton November 7.  I've got my transportation from Heathrow to Southampton set up, I've booked my hotel, booked my Covid test, and even set up reservations for tea at the Mercure Dolphin and a massage/afternoon of bliss at a spa 🙂  If I'm remembering correctly, when I cruised before I just showed up at the port with my passport and boarding information and got on the ship.  Because of Covid and the fact that I'm getting on the ship in England, I'm starting to slightly stress about what I need to have with me at check in.  What I'm thinking is that I need to complete the online check in process and just show up at the port with my passport, Covid test results, and vaccine information.  Is that all I need? The ship is stopping in France, Spain, Portugal, and the Azores before heading off for six glorious days at sea.  I checked to see if I need a visa for any of the countries but it looks like I don't.   Am I missing something?  I'd hate to get to the ship to check in and find I'm missing a key document or piece of info.  Thanks in advance for your help and input!

Kim

Welcome back!

I would make sure to read FAQ for UK departures, which you Probably have.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

I would go on the App and order your

Ocean medallion wearable and just click

pick up at port, if you don’t have time to get it before you leave the US. It comes to you about 10-14 days before sailing.

It just completes the App process. 

Also, don’t forget to do the App health questionnaire 24 hours before sailing.

I’m assuming you’re a US Citizen.  Just show your Passport good for 6 mos past your stay, vax card, covid test (since you’re on an enhanced sailing.)

I would print out your luggage tags & travel summary from the website, cruise personalizer.  Shows any purchases you’ve made in case of any problems.

And you’re ready to go!  Have a great cruise!

Sounds as if you've got all the bases covered.  *If possible* try to get yourself showing in the "green lane" within the app, but don't stress over that!  As long as you have all of that documentation (either hardcopy or electronic) available at check in on the pier/terminal you should be good to go!  Just be extra careful beforehand and don't pick up Covid!!!