Different Online Purchase Flow for Internet Purchase

We are cruising out of Galveston on Allure the first week of December (7 nights) and on Radiance in January (10 nights) of next year. When I purchased the internet package online, the purchase process flow online was different with different screens and different information requested. The Allure cruise has been fully paid but the Radiance cruise hasn't. Think that's why the process was different?

They have been rolling out a new version of the Cruise Planner for around a year on various ships and sailings.  Allure was one of the first to use the new format and at least current Radiance is using old.   I haven't had any cruises change to new format once purchases open but certainly possible.   Old format is easier to use but Royal loves to change for the sake of change. 

When I worked on databases and changed the version or platform we often put new stuff on the new server so could be they are doing the same thing.

I've also never seen a sale on the soda package on any cruise using the new format. 

Edited by LeeW
More
  • Like 1