In these tricky times of flying...

jonthomas

flying from Toronto to Barcelona,  nothing direct, where would you chose to have a stop over? and of course at least 3 hours....

Newark, Frankfurt, Heathrow, Lisbon

the first two were voted as the worst for delays and cancellations....

would you fly Air Lingus and have a stop over in Dublin?

would you fly TAP airlines?

we have usually done Air Canada but it and our airport have become the worst in the world....

all opinions welcome....

Air Transat direct from Montreal - take VIA rail from TO to Montreal - business class on Air Transat (which is really premium economy on Air Transat) we have done this and worked out fine

or 

If you insist on TO -  Air France to Paris - Paris to Barcelona

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1

It is seasonal - I wasn’t aware of dates

If you have the time I would want to be in Europe and then I could easily drive, train, or fly depending on availability - make a bit of a holiday

Fly into Toulouse France or Bordeaux with Air Transat or even Germany with Lufthansa tho it is an air Canada codeshare  

less problems out of Montreal

Edited by Robjame

flying out on nov 16....going home from mia....

we are on the Nov 19 TA on O.....

yes seasonal...so air transat not available ...

Rob, we are not as adventurous as you....if travelling with friends we would go out of our comfort zone...but as it is we want as uncomplicated as possible...

originally we had a flight with O....but with what is going on with flights we quickly realized we needed to go in a couple of days earlier...been to BAR many times...really not interested in having extra days there...two days is enough for us...

There is an Air transat flight from TO to Gatwick...then some air line called Vuelling to BAR....really not sure I want to be flying with all kinds of unknown airlines....I am flight phobic as it is...

I would  go AC   from YYZ

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/app.html#/faredriven

I would not want to have an adventure   just getting to the flight    plus the added costs of  VIA  etc

I avoid  Air Transat & Westjet  at all costs  😉

try  ITA  for options

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/search

4 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

hoping that by Nov we could leave from our Airport in To without the chaos that  many experienced this summer.....

is it still chaos there?

Fly from YTZ to YUL     but I wonder if  YUL is  any less chaotic  🤔

nothing is less chaotic in Canada....but hopefully will be less so by November.

I still think it would have cost us more to keep the air with O....it was 700US, plus 175 for deviation, plus extra charge for any flight that may have been more expensive than than the one O planned for originally...and then the  exchange of CAD dollar....

as it is , cost with AC is 780 CAD pp and then from MIA 460CAD pp....slightly cheaper from FLL...but then the hastle to take train from MIA airport to FLL airport...

not worth it..want this to be as simple as possible....

7 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

as it is , cost with AC is 780 CAD pp and then from MIA 460CAD pp....slightly cheaper from FLL...but then the hastle to take train from MIA airport to FLL airport...

Presuming you are flying back directly from the cruise to Canada - we are flying out of FLL - YYZ - - - Uber from cruise port to FLL about $80 ………. Cruise port to MIA about $30 ( I think)  That is per car not per person

Edited by Robjame

I would choose to go through Frankfurt. It's big but it's efficient. We've flown through there a number of times, the most recent was May of this year,  and have not had any problems or delays.  I would avoid Heathrow at all costs.  If by chance your flight into Frankfurt is delayed, there will be many options to get to Barcelona from there. 

6 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

not worth it..want this to be as simple as possible....

Yes I prefer the KISS method  LOL

I dislike airports  but  a necessary evil  if you want to go to Europe  😜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunlover12 said:

I would choose to go through Frankfurt. It's big but it's efficient. We've flown through there a number of times, the most recent was May of this year,  and have not had any problems or delays.  I would avoid Heathrow at all costs.  If by chance your flight into Frankfurt is delayed, there will be many options to get to Barcelona from there. 

thank  you for this info...

its just longer from FRA...since we are flying backwards...but I hear you about Heathrow...

really considering Zurich....