Norwaylady goes b2b Alaska+Hawaii on Eclipse

Norwaylady

Thank you for all comments and everyone that has followed our adventure🤗 Its been a pleasure to deliver the travel report🥰

We had a great trip and now its work biting our tail😆  ( just need to think that around easter, we will be away again:)

Unfortunately I received a "fan" mail from Royal.... Me and my mother was booked on Rhapsody b2b in may/June 23 in a JS. It was greek island and Egypt/Israel. 

They have moved the ship from Cyprus to Haifa, Israel. So they kicked off all bookings an offer us nothing...So we will see what we will do.... The options on Royal are wild priced compared to what we booked at. We are talking 4,5x price. 

I haven't dared to tell my mum yet. She's so happy for this coming cruise and itinerary.

So I need to find a good substitute. I have a X sailing on my list, 1 royal that fits and I totally serious considering to bring her om MSC or Costa if necessary. We have been on MSC and its different compared to X and Royal. But she will survive...  UGG, I hate this type of behavior from royal. 

Hopefully it will work out well🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There’s always possible to solve a problem😇 

The “royal” problem was really not necessary and something I hoped for….

But can’t do anything about it😝 Royal corporate decision🫡  
Their decision and when they treat their customers not well, then I must find a substitute…. (Money talks? Correct🤣

MSC has out rolled them self, by making it impossible to find a good b2b. And their longer 9-10 days cruise have wrong ports of call. 

Costa, same as msc. 

Royal has b2b sailing on Explore. But we will pay a huge amount more for a balcony then our js…. No benefits of OBC or other incentives. Really not tempted😔 

NCL has some options that can work. But it will probably be extremely stressful for my mother onboard. Their is a reason we only do small royal vessels🤪 Price is equally to X. 

So I think it’s best to test it together by Mr before I drag here along😌 

Aida had no cruises in the Mediterranean that fitted our wishes😔 ( German is not a problem, we both speak and read German;) 

Princess had a b2b. But pricing in Norway is awful. No benefits. So all comes extra. Balcony same price as X. 

X had a b2b on Infinity that ✔️ off what she wanted to visit….. (I know money talk’s😜😂😂 At the end, it ends up in the same corporate group😝

But for less money then a balcony b2b on Explorer. We will have a AQ cabin and CON b2b, 600$ OBC, basic WiFi, classic beverage package….. AND the best🤗🤗 I can stay at my favourite X🥰

So yes, we must pay some extra money compared to original booked b2b on royal. But we will have a great time🥰 And I know she will enjoy X❤️ 

So infinity b2b, her we go May/June
Just happy that it’s sorted out😍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Glad you’ve sorted the trip with your Mom but did you book an Aqua class and a concierge class? Will whoever is staying in the AQ cabin not eat in Blu? Because pretty sure Concierge class have to eat in MDR. 🤔

On our last Celebrity cruise we were told single occupancy Aqua guests can invite a guest to dine with them. There were a couple of tables in there with guests dining with Aqua passengers.

Norwaylady, I’ll be waiting for your next trip report 😊 

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Glad you’ve sorted the trip with your Mom but did you book an Aqua class and a concierge class? Will whoever is staying in the AQ cabin not eat in Blu? Because pretty sure Concierge class have to eat in MDR. 🤔

Originally we had a js b2b, same cabin on both cruises. 

we are sharing cabin🙃 Then we have plenty of time to get tired of each other’s😂😂😂

Problem is that the first leg on Infinity was almost sold out. So only 2 balcony cabins available except suite. Both AQ class.
But the pricing on the campaign now made it to a extremely good deal. So that’s great😁 So then it had to be a AQ cabin. (My mother will only travel in balcony;) So she will have a great surprise🥰 (she has only sailed on Royal, Jewel and Voyager) 

On the next leg of our b2b, the best would be to stay in the same cabin and AQ. But on this sailing the price was far over the top of what my price range was accepting. So therefore next leg will be in concierge class. (But I will keep an eye on the sailing, so if it’s a price change for the better….. we will probably be in AQ on second leg) 

So that’s why we will as of now have 2 different types of cabin. Moving went perfectly on Eclipse, so we hope for the best😌

Blu is good😍 

But we still keep the large breakfast for room service🥰 (as you understand, this is very important to me😊

And I will survive mdr😅

If we have a nice table and decent location, I’m happy and my mother will be happy🙃 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Originally we had a js b2b, same cabin on both cruises. 

we are sharing cabin🙃 Then we have plenty of time to get tired of each other’s😂😂😂

Problem is that the first leg on Infinity was almost sold out. So only 2 balcony cabins available except suite. Both AQ class.
But the pricing on the campaign now made it to a extremely good deal. So that’s great😁 So then it had to be a AQ cabin. (My mother will only travel in balcony;) So she will have a great surprise🥰 (she has only sailed on Royal, Jewel and Voyager) 

On the next leg of our b2b, the best would be to stay in the same cabin and AQ. But on this sailing the price was far over the top of what my price range was accepting. So therefore next leg will be in concierge class. (But I will keep an eye on the sailing, so if it’s a price change for the better….. we will probably be in AQ on second leg) 

So that’s why we will as of now have 2 different types of cabin. Moving went perfectly on Eclipse, so we hope for the best😌

Blu is good😍 

But we still keep the large breakfast for room service🥰 (as you understand, this is very important to me😊

And I will survive mdr😅

If we have a nice table and decent location, I’m happy and my mother will be happy🙃 

ok, now I understand, thought you were traveling with your husband as well as your mother. This sounds like a good solution and Celebrity is usually pretty good about moving your things to the new cabin at turnaround. 
Sounds like a great trip with your Mom (or do you say Mum?), looking forward to following along if you have time to post! 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...