World Wine tour and Macallan tasting - not in app

zitsky

They were eventually in the planner on Equinox, at least on board. There was a flyer for them in Craft Social with the dates and times. 

And no tickets. Just name and cabin number on a list. 

Edited by markeb

13 hours ago, zitsky said:

I would guess you get tickets in your cabin?  Or do they magically show up in the planner on Day 1?

They do show up in the calendar on the app, but I can't truly say when that happens if you buy them before boarading.  We've always bought them once on board in order to give the sommelier, bartender, or whomever a bump.  In any case, there never have been tickets.

The World Wine Tasting can be quite fun!

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

They do show up in the calendar on the app, but I can't truly say when that happens if you buy them before boarading.  We've always bought them once on board in order to give the sommelier, bartender, or whomever a bump.  In any case, there never have been tickets.

The World Wine Tasting can be quite fun!

I went to world wine tour 2 years ago maybe.  It was fun.  If no tickets, how do they know you belong there?

Not sure where the Macallan tasting is.

Wait a moment!  Checks email.  Celebrity says both are in a broom closet on Deck 1.  Wow!  Sounds exclusive!  🙃

Hope no one else on our next cruise is reading this.. 

One if the frequently missed features of the WWT is a silent auction off to the side.  Often remains of things in insufficient supply to keep on a wine list. I've often picked up a very nice bottle or two for the cruise at shoreside retail price as the sole bidder.  Got a bottle of '17 Far Niente cab for $90 last cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We have been to the World Wine Tour 2X, 1st time about 60 people and was held in the MDR , 2nd fewer than 20 and it was in Cellar Masters.  The sommeliers can tell you the time and location. 

I believe it was on the Equinox 2 years ago.  It was held at one of the bars and I’d guess there were 40 people.  Still fun though.  Not a lot of education.