Regular Coffee and Tea in Specialty Restaurants...fee?

cruiseinfoseeker

Hello,

I rarely get coffee or tea in the specialty restaurants and when I do I usually get the upcharged cappuccino or lattes. I will be sailing with my mother in a few months and she generally gets a "deecalf" with her dessert. I've perused about all the specialty menus I can find and I don't see any notation of basic coffee or teas even offered and only the list you see at all specialties of the Starbucks espresso, double espresso, cappuccino, and latte and their respective cost.

Does anyone have experience recently with getting a non-Starbucks basic cup of coffee at a specialty restaurant and whether or not there was a fee attached to it?

On 9/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, cruiseinfoseeker said:

Hello,

I rarely get coffee or tea in the specialty restaurants and when I do I usually get the upcharged cappuccino or lattes. I will be sailing with my mother in a few months and she generally gets a "deecalf" with her dessert. I've perused about all the specialty menus I can find and I don't see any notation of basic coffee or teas even offered and only the list you see at all specialties of the Starbucks espresso, double espresso, cappuccino, and latte and their respective cost.

Does anyone have experience recently with getting a non-Starbucks basic cup of coffee at a specialty restaurant and whether or not there was a fee attached to it?

Just be forewarned that the French Press coffee in LeBistro will, as the saying goes, put hair on your chest!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

My wife likes a cappuccino after dinner.  Years ago we were charged for it.  On the Star in July there was no charge.

This particular cruise we each have our own studio so the reservations are individual. I have the upgraded FAS PLUS beverage package (which would include the specialty coffees) but she will only have the regular FAS beverage package. Regardless, I just don't think she enjoys them. The trip costs and onboard account are covered for her but still I think she might scoff at "paying" for them.