Celebration Havana Interior/Havana thoughts

illinoisfive

I wouldn't pick it. The crew area sits below thise cabins. People complained about the noise and smoke from that area. I don't think you have a direct view of the ocean either.

23 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Has anyone done the Corner Havana Suite on the MG?

• Like 1

Havana is totally worth it on the Vista class ships.  On the Celebration, it depends on the price difference.  The Havana pool area is pretty small on that class, but the Loft area pool is not much better. 

• 1 year later...

The original post was a year ago... however, I just got off the Carnival Celebration room 8231 on December 17th 2023. I DO NOT RECOMMEND You spend extra money for the Havana Deck on the Celebration, it is, in my opinion, a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY - and potential security issue! 

Here's why: 

1) SECURITY ISSUE:  NONE of the havana rooms have any type of strong door lock. There's a child lock, but with enough pressure, it gives way.  That could allow anyone to enter your room at any time with enough pressure.  

2)  The chairs on your "balcony" are extremely uncomfortable hard "plastic" wicker.  You have a tiny pillow for each chair.  NONE of the chairs has good head rest - the swinging chair is just weirdly designed, and you can't sit in it for long.  

3)  The sun chairs on the deck  are also a hard plastic wicker!  There are no pads, no covers, nothing.  If you sweat, you slide out. The chairs also do not have a good angle to sit and read.  They are, in my opinion, VERY uncomfortable.  

4)  The POOL is very cold, basically unusable.  It's not warmed in any way, and there is NO hot tub.  on the havana deck like other ships. 

5) at some points, guests were complaining that there was no havana deck bar attendant: you had to enter the havana bar for service.  

The ONLY positive is that it's a bit quieter in the havana area.  NO ONE was using the sun chairs, and the halls were quieter.  If you want to pay $500-600 more for a bit quieter, then go for it. I won't do that again!!!!!  

Edited by lakecruiser03

2 minutes ago, lakecruiser03 said:

The original post was a year ago... however, I just got off the Carnival Celebration room 8231 on December 17th 2023. I DO NOT RECOMMEND You spend extra money for the Havana Deck on the Celebration, it is, in my opinion, a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY - and potential security issue! 

Here's why: 

1) SECURITY ISSUE:  NONE of the havana rooms have any type of door lock. There's a child lock, but it doesn't really work.  SO, that means, anyone can walk into your room at any time ... because all the balconies connect to an exterior walkway!! 

2)  The chairs on your "balcony" are extremely uncomfortable hard "plastic" wicker.  You have a tiny pillow for each chair.  NONE of the chairs has good head rest - the swinging chair is just weirdly designed, and you can't sit in it for long.  

3)  The sun chairs on the deck  are also a hard plastic wicker!  There are no pads, no covers, nothing.  If you sweat, you slide out. The chairs also do not have a good angle to sit and read.  They are, in my opinion, VERY uncomfortable.  

4)  The POOL is very cold, basically unusable.  It's not warmed in any way, and there is NO hot tub.  on the havana deck like other ships. 

5) at some points, guests were complaining that there was no havana deck bar attendant: you had to enter the havana bar for service.  

The ONLY positive is that it's a bit quieter in the havana area.  NO ONE was using the sun chairs, and the halls were quieter.  If you want to pay $500-600 more for a bit quieter, then go for it. I won't do that again!!!!!  

what do you mean by the child lock doesn't really work? I agree about most of what you say about the Havana area on the Celebration. I found the furniture OK though. Maybe if I didn't cruise on the Horizon first I would have enjoyed it more. 

3 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

what do you mean by the child lock doesn't really work? I agree about most of what you say about the Havana area on the Celebration. I found the furniture OK though. Maybe if I didn't cruise on the Horizon first I would have enjoyed it more. 

There's a small plastic child lock on the middle post of the sliding door: this wasn't strong enough to prevent the door from opening.  

Just now, lakecruiser03 said:

There's a small plastic child lock on the middle post of the sliding door: this wasn't strong enough to prevent the door from opening.  

Ours seemed to work fine. You should have called maintenance. We always went our the front door of the cabin and down the hall after locking our balcony door.