Gift Cards OBC

bigeagle12

I have a gift card and I tried to call to add it to my OBC, because I was worried about forgetting it, losing it, etc.   The CS Rep that I spoke to had me on hold for over 5 minutes and she finally came back and said that I needed to bring the physical card with me to the ship and have it applied.   I guess I could have used it towards my fare when I paid, though.

36 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I have a gift card and I tried to call to add it to my OBC, because I was worried about forgetting it, losing it, etc.   The CS Rep that I spoke to had me on hold for over 5 minutes and she finally came back and said that I needed to bring the physical card with me to the ship and have it applied.   I guess I could have used it towards my fare when I paid, though.

Yes you can.  Some of those agents do not know how to do it.  Your TA/CVP should know how too.  

I added mine with a PCL rep, but it did

take a few calls to get someone who knew how to do it.

So, next time, I’ll have my TA do it or take a print out (it’s an egift card) and just have GS put it in OB. 

Always do a screenshot of it or print a copy.  If you lose it, or don’t use it all, you’ll have proof of the card.

They just need the number and the pin to put in the system.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

A few weeks ago I took a e-giftcard printout to GS.  The girl could not process it for some reason so she wrote my name and cabin # on the paper and said it would be taken care of later.  Late that evening it still had not been applied so I called GS.  Luckily I remembered the girls name and she still had the paper.  Someone else had to apply it to my account though.  This could've all gone very wrong.  So my advice is to not leave the giftcard with GS without confirmation it is actually applied. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

A few weeks ago I took a e-giftcard printout to GS.  The girl could not process it for some reason so she wrote my name and cabin # on the paper and said it would be taken care of later.  Late that evening it still had not been applied so I called GS.  Luckily I remembered the girls name and she still had the paper.  Someone else had to apply it to my account though.  This could've all gone very wrong.  So my advice is to not leave the giftcard with GS without confirmation it is actually applied. 

Good point.  The new employee couldn’t do it for me, but one person knew how.

An employee who’s been with PCL for a few years.  So, he did it for me.