Best things to do - arriving with young kids

rotman253

Unless your children love the beach and can swim,  look into the port pass.   I don't think the Maya Kingdom Water Park is open yet, but that's a great option for children of all ages.   Otherwise, grab a taxi and head to the malecon in Mahaual and go tot he beach.

20 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Unless your children love the beach and can swim,  look into the port pass.   I don't think the Maya Kingdom Water Park is open yet, but that's a great option for children of all ages.   Otherwise, grab a taxi and head to the malecon in Mahaual and go tot he beach.

looks like port pass suspended their activity 😞
Any other similar things?

1 hour ago, rotman253 said:

looks like port pass suspended their activity 😞
Any other similar things?

The inclusive port pass seems to be suspended - it included several pre-pay options which gave you a deal on some drinks. I see the aviary pass still listed on my sailing which would be the important item for  your children.

No need to pre- purchase just  get off the ship and play it by ear what you want to look at and do.

I would certainly have an easy day around the port, swimming pool available, and maybe drink and snack but eat main meals on the ship. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

The swimming pool is free. You can purchase admission to the aviary. There are entertainers to watch for free also. You can take a very inexpensive shuttle into Mahahual and enjoy the beach for free also. It is shallow enough for supervised 4 & 5 year olds to enjoy. 

12 minutes ago, MyTMo777 said:

The swimming pool is free. You can purchase admission to the aviary. There are entertainers to watch for free also. You can take a very inexpensive shuttle into Mahahual and enjoy the beach for free also. It is shallow enough for supervised 4 & 5 year olds to enjoy. 

+1

The shuttle to Mahahual has not been running recently (unless it has resumed) and the taxi fares have increased.  This is why I no longer automatically feel the need to go to town anymore. 

US $ accepted everywhere.  You'll see prices quoted in both pesos (Mex$) and US$.  I think there's a small cacao shop in the port but, for the real experience when in Cozumel do the KaoKao Chocolate Factory excursion. There's also a Mayan Cacao shop next to Playa Mia.

• Like 1