Wi-Fi plan upgrades

freeholdfriends

We are new to NCL and have booked the Sun for a transatlantic next April. We are given the free 300 minute plan but we’d like to upgrade to the top plan . I’ve read different opinions on doing this. Should we buy the top plan on the internet site? It claims to save us 15%? I also read that it was better to buy the plan on day 2 onboard. Can some experienced NCL cruisers advise the best way to upgrade? Thanks for any help.

2 hours ago, freeholdfriends said:

We are new to NCL and have booked the Sun for a transatlantic next April. We are given the free 300 minute plan but we’d like to upgrade to the top plan . I’ve read different opinions on doing this. Should we buy the top plan on the internet site? It claims to save us 15%? I also read that it was better to buy the plan on day 2 onboard. Can some experienced NCL cruisers advise the best way to upgrade? Thanks for any help.

Personally, I would pay for it in advance (maybe in March of next year or now to lock in current pricing). 

Very very very few will try to get the package on Day 2. And while it is currently offered,,, it may not be offered in the future in which case you would be paying by the minute. 

2 hours ago, freeholdfriends said:

Don’t bother unless you plan on gaming or streaming movies.   If you have teens, you might win points with them.   Otherwise if all you’re doing is checking on emails, sending texts and moving your money around 300 minutes will probably be all you need.   Even if you do run over just drop a few bucks in the internet cafe and you still won’t be anywhere near what that overpriced package costs.  

Edited by MotownVoice

46 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Don’t bother unless you plan on gaming or streaming movies.   If you have teens, you might win points with them.   Otherwise if all you’re doing is checking on emails, sending texts and moving your money around 300 minutes will probably be all you need.   Even if you do run over just drop a few bucks in the internet cafe and you still won’t be anywhere near what that overpriced package costs.  

The 300 is fine for me but My friend is an insomniac so she likes to stream movies when she can’t sleep so unfortunately, the top tier is a necessity for her. Plus, because it’s a transatlantic,there will be multiple sea days. I guess we’ll have to suck it up and just buy it on line🤪

• Like 1