San Pedro Customs

woodz

You are asking about Immigration procedures,  not Customs. Customs is almost non-existent these days. 

They will likely be using biometrics, if they use anything at all. We used biometrics for a cruise out of San Diego, took about a minute per person, but a quick visual comparison of face and passport picture in Boston.

19 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Just came back in July.  The regular debarkation line was long and slow.  Pay for a porter and go to the short line.  

Already did 6 cruises on the Navigator this year.  Your recommendation is right on point.  Do self debarkation if you can as it is even faster.  That $5.00 to $10.00 tip is well worth it as there is a line just for porter use and we were out and in the car within about 5 minutes.  

20 minutes ago, Mrbp1 said:

I see no one has answer the posters question "Does it use facial recognition? "

I saw no overt evidence they were using facial recognition to speed up processing.  The CBP officer took all our passports, looked at them, and looked at us.  I didn't even see him scan the passports, but they could be using RFID.  

3 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I saw no overt evidence they were using facial recognition to speed up processing.  The CBP officer took all our passports, looked at them, and looked at us.  I didn't even see him scan the passports, but they could be using RFID.  

There was no facial recognition or scanning on the 6 cruises we did between January and mid May. Officer just looked at us the at passport, told us to have good day and sent us on our way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imola said:

There was no facial recognition or scanning on the 6 cruises we did between January and mid May. Officer just looked at us the at passport, told us to have good day and sent us on our way. 

If they were using RFID you wouldn't know it.  Probably same with facial recognition you wouldn't know.  However, since returning cruise pax aren't high risk I suspect CBP put the money elsewhere.  

8 hours ago, Mrbp1 said:

I see no one has answer the posters question "Does it use facial recognition? "

Could it be the correct term is "biometrics", which was addressed in the second post on the thread? Because that is what we used disembarking in San Diego in March....

On 9/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Could it be the correct term is "biometrics", which was addressed in the second post on the thread? Because that is what we used disembarking in San Diego in March....

I believe "biometrics" is the correct all encompassing term.  Facial recognition is one biometric as would be fingerprint and retina scans.  If you use the Global Entry kiosks at major airports CBP uses two of the three.  Hopefully, we won't get to retina scans for travel.