COVID testing between two cruises different lines Holland America and Royal Caribbean

pinzel

Hello, I am travelling from Australia in September 2023.  I have a question regarding COVID test requirement prior to boarding my second cruise.  Travelling on Koningsdam on 16.09.2023 and then one day in Vancouver and onto Brilliance of the seas leaving Vancouver and onto Hawaii.  I will have a test within 72 hours of arriving in Vancouver for first cruise on Koningsdam.  There is only one day between the two cruises.  If required how can I get this test done.  Would they be available on the Koningsdam or can I get them in Vancouver as a foreign citizen.  Thanks in advance.  Pinzel

I would say it is too early to speculate on either requirements or sites to fulfill them, a year in advance. 

Currently there is at least one testing site at close quarters to Canada Place (the port for cruises) in Vancouver. 

Check the West Coast Departure Board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

But honestly, spend your time on other things for at least the next nine months. Anything you find today will absolutely have no bearing on September 2023.

• Like 5

On 9/16/2022 at 9:25 PM, pinzel said:

Hello, I am travelling from Australia in September 2023.  I have a question regarding COVID test requirement prior to boarding my second cruise.  Travelling on Koningsdam on 16.09.2023 and then one day in Vancouver and onto Brilliance of the seas leaving Vancouver and onto Hawaii.  I will have a test within 72 hours of arriving in Vancouver for first cruise on Koningsdam.  There is only one day between the two cruises.  If required how can I get this test done.  Would they be available on the Koningsdam or can I get them in Vancouver as a foreign citizen.  Thanks in advance.  Pinzel

No one can answer that question that long into the future.

Hello, we leave from Vancouver in a few weeks, and still require a test here in Canada. RC will test us on board 2 days prior to our next b2b out of LA because that cruise is over 6 days. 

We had a test booked through CVM, but they shut down all locations---including one near the cruise Port.

We have to book at a pharmacy 2 weeks before we leave. "They would not book  a month in advance.  London Drugs is currently the cheapest @ $50.

But hopefully by the time you go...testing will not be required. 

Good luck...Enjoy your cruises. We tried twice to get to Australia and New Zealand, and had to cancel because of covid. But were not giving up!

It appears, from other posts, that Canada will be dropping all Covid test and vaccination requirements the end of this month, so, I repeat, its too soon to be worried about such requirements for Sept 2023.

But i definitely can say one cruise line isn't going to give you a free test to support your travel on another cruise line.