four points sheraton coral gables

rustyroo

As a local I can give input on location. It is decent location, not exactly what I would suggest for someone to stay, but nothing wrong with it. It is right near Merrick Park which is a very nice area for dinner one evening. You'll need to Uber or walk over to the Metrorail to do anything else. Metrorail to Downtown/Brickell and Uber to Miami Beach or just about anywhere else. Other than Merrick Park it is not a walkable area. 

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Coral Gables but haven't been there in years.  I loved staying at the Omni near Miracle Mile when I would visit.  There are (or were pre-covid) a ton of restaurants right on Miracle Mile so it was an easy walk.   I would Uber or cab anywhere after dark just to be safe.  And you would definitely need to do that for the port.  Another beautiful (but pricey) location is the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables.  It is in a residential area, but has its own restaurants and bars.  It is an amazing place and perfect if you want to start your vacation pampering early.