Horse racing on Carnival Elation

I've heard about the horseraces also & am very curious about it. Is there anybody willing to give all the details? I will be on the Conquest April 23rd!! Can't wait....:D

KansaScrapper- you will love the Elation. It's a beautiful ship. Jorge (the cruise director) rocks.

The last two times I have been on the Elation they did have horse racing.:) Just don't walk behind them you don't know waht you might step in :eek: It is a lot of fun. The Elation will be out of dry dock by one month when we get on it in May.

Elation- May 21,2006

Victory-2002

Enchantment of the Sea-2001

Elation-2001

Elation-2000

LOL...Gee Derf..if you can't give me a site to check this out then I guess it's hopeless,huh? REALLY!! I've heard of this but I've never been filled in on how it's done.....on a ship. I know it's gambling & that's about the extent of my knowlege of it. Do they (& who are "they"?) take bets on hotseraces in Louisiana or another place? Or is this an onboard game?

if you can't give me a site to check this out then I guess it's hopeless,huh?

Welcome to The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game

from

http://www.shopireland.ie/toys/detail/B00006G8E7/Really-Nasty-Horse-Racing-Game/

NEW WOOD WOODEN HORSE RACE/RACING BOARD GAME SET

from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8760308985&category=235

LMAO...DERF...DERF...DERF...YA NUT! Derfett, how do ya live with him?? lol..jeesh!

Stacey, thanks for the pic... now if ya could tell me the story about the horseraces & how it all works, etc??? I loved your albumn. Looks like y'all had a B*L*A*S*T! What beach did you go to? It looked very nice.. The monkey was sooo cute! :D

The monkey picture was taken in Costa Maya.

I couldn't even begin to tell you how the horse races worked...all I knew was that people were always shouting "VOTE FOR 5, VOTE FOR 6, VOTE FOR 7" ETC ETC ETC LMAO

I didn't see anything in the capers about the horse races so I didn't even think they had it on the Liberty until I ran into horse #5 in the bathroom!!!!!

There was horse racing on two of our cruises.

The horse races take place on the pool deck. There is a make-shift gameboard laid out on the deck itself. Six ladies are selected to move the horses (game pieces) along the gameboard. As three dice are rolled in a cage, the ladies move the horse pieces down the gameboard towards the finish line . . . about 12 spaces to the finish.

There are usually about 5 races. Everyone gets to place bets on a horse or horses before each race. If your horse wins, you get a cut of the winnings.

After the final race for the day, the six horse game pieces are auctioned off. They usually sell for around 200+ dollars each. The six winners must decorate and market their horse throughout the rest of the cruise. Being a horseowner is special. On the final sea day, there is the owners' race. The money is totalled up as a prize for the winner(s).

On our first curise, we went with another couple. We went in halves on one horse . . . "Howard" ($300). We had a blast lugging him around. Towards the end of the cruise, HOWARD was recognized by everyone.

On race day, we were in lane number one. HOWARD won with triple-ones coming up on the last roll. The pot was $1800. We paid for all onboard expenses for both couples. It was great.

On another cruise, we went with another couple. We decided to buy two horses between us at $300 dollars each.

Wellllllllllllllllll . . . to cut a long story short, one of our horses came in second and the other third = $0 in winnings. It was still fun being one of the 6 horseowners for the week.

I highly recommend it.

They have the horses numbered (say 1 - 10). Each horse has a number. They hold an auction for people to "purchase" them. The money then goes into a pot. They had horse races throught out the cruise & the big one on the last sea day. You would "show" your horse & decorate it so that people would bet on it. They even had an owners party.

For the big race all the horse would race "heats" and then the winners would race in the final. I don't rmemeber how many were in the finale. On Princes we took second :rolleyes: We were out of it early on the Royal Caribben one. :( But it was a blast doing it.

On Princess the cruise director called the race with dice. On Royal Caribbean they used small balls that had numbers on them (like in bingo).

On our last Princess cruise they had pulled horse racing, so we did not know if Carnival had since they are owned by the same parent company.

Does that give you a visual? It is hard to type it.

Can't wait for the pics. I am a big picture person and spend usually $600 in cruise ship photos.

Archived