Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

TN Roz

We were on the Magic last Thanksgiving along with a dear friend from England, who never experienced Thanksgiving.  Thinking we would have a really nice Turkey Dinner in the MDR, boy were we wrong!  It was disgusting.....  Every item on the plate was terrible.  Wish we knew about the Lido having real Turkey.  We were so embarrassed thinking this is our Thanksgiving tradition to someone who never had it before.  Wonder how bad Christmas dinner is? LOL

• Like 2

We have been on multiple Thanksgiving cruises and I definitely agree, the MDR food is disappointing. Last year there was an apple pie which was so much crust it almost looked like cake and my roll call group couldn't badmouth it enough. We like the idea of dressing up a bit and having a sit down dinner for the holiday but I'm seriously considering trying to talk my family into lido the next time.

Edited by Jelly_Toast
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

We like the idea of dressing up a bit and having a sit down dinner for the holiday but I'm seriously considering trying to talk my family into lido the next time.

Some guests who choose the lido are dressed nicely there. Families especially seem to come shortly after they have their portraits taken by the ship photographers. Parents with little ones look happy because dad can loosen his belt buckle and eat hearty and moms don't have that anxious look like one of their children will spill their milk. 

I hope it works out well for your family whatever they decide.

• Like 1