Balance payment

NaomiW

I am considering transferring my Jan 23 cruise to winter 25 when they come out but I suspect these will be released after my final balance payment is due. If I just dont pay it by the 90 days, what is likely to happen-will they automatically cancel my booking and ill lose the deposit or are they a bit more flexible. I know I can transfer twice but its such a hassle trying to get through to the call centre these days

36 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

I am considering transferring my Jan 23 cruise to winter 25 when they come out but I suspect these will be released after my final balance payment is due. If I just dont pay it by the 90 days, what is likely to happen-will they automatically cancel my booking and ill lose the deposit or are they a bit more flexible. I know I can transfer twice but its such a hassle trying to get through to the call centre these days

As far as I was aware, the rules had changed recently regarding transfers.  Not as flexible as before, quote from P&O website, assuming you booked prior to 3rd August 2022:-

Holidays booked prior to 3 August 2022:

For any bookings made prior to 3 August 2022, if you wish to reschedule your holiday, you can make one further booking transfer up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due. This is available on Select Price and Early Saver holidays. However, the new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Cruise, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journey, Grand Tour or Exotic Fly-cruise).

P&O - https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

Also on that page is the cancellation policy.  Go within 90 days and could be costly.  If you need to change, I would do it before your 90 days.

Edited by jaydee6969

Sorry, what I was asking was if I do not make my balance payment by 90 days are they liable to cancel my booking and keep my deposit. Not what the transfer T&Cs are, but I do appreciate your reply. Its just that I want to wait until the new brochure is out before transferring and that might be after my balance due date

My experience in June when I was a day past final payment date (it was a Sunday so they were closed) was that they moved me into 50% cancellation.  This was despite their being a medical emergency causing my need to speak with them. I did get a swift and satisfactory resolution later in the day from a personal contact but judging by the stance of the representative who took the first call (you're late pay up!) I would not like to chance it.

Basically if you don't cancel or transfer by final payment day you move into cancellation payments, it doesn't just get cancelled and go away I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

Sorry, what I was asking was if I do not make my balance payment by 90 days are they liable to cancel my booking and keep my deposit. Not what the transfer T&Cs are, but I do appreciate your reply. Its just that I want to wait until the new brochure is out before transferring and that might be after my balance due date

I was replying to the fact you stated you could transfer twice, not the case anymore, much stricter and you could not move to 2025 anyway.  Also the T&C's show that you would be liable to owe more money if you go within the 90 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

I was replying to the fact you stated you could transfer twice, not the case anymore, much stricter and you could not move to 2025 anyway.  Also the T&C's show that you would be liable to owe more money if you go within the 90 days.

Aah, ok. Apologies!