Does HAL have a "customer service" department?

frbob

We have some lingering issues to resolve with Holland America and have been trying very hard to get responses from HAL via email or phone. Getting someone who knows what they are doing at HAL seems virtually impossible. I've made calls and spent an hour or more on hold listening to elevator music and the oft-repeated "Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and a representative will be with you shortly.". When a call is finally answered I have been advised that I have the wrong person and could I please stay on the line and the call will be transferred to the "right" person. This is followed by more elevator music and that repeated "your call is very important to us...blah, blah, blah" message. I've left call-back numbers and sent many, many emails without response. Does HAL actually have a customer/guest relations department or is that post just a black hole?

Anyone with like experiences?

Edited by frbob
changed a word

32 minutes ago, frbob said:

We have some lingering issues to resolve with Holland America and have been trying very hard to get responses from HAL via email or phone. Getting someone who knows what they are doing at HAL seems virtually impossible. I've made calls and spent an hour or more on hold listening to elevator music and the oft-repeated "Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line and a representative will be with you shortly.". When a call is finally answered I have been advised that I have the wrong person and could I please stay on the line and the call will be transferred to the "right" person. This is followed by more elevator music and that repeated "your call is very important to us...blah, blah, blah" message. I've left call-back numbers and sent many, many emails without response. Does HAL actually have a customer/guest relations department or is that post just a black hole?

Anyone with like experiences?

I had the same experience in May after b2b cruises.  The email which I sent was responded to this week after 4 months had passed.  May be on the way to resolution.  Agree that that experience is just not right.

I have been trying to contact the customer services department as well as I'm disputing some monies that were applied to our account when they shouldn't have been. Can anyone advise how long they take to just acknowledge receipt of the complaint and which emails have you used.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, inside out said:

I have been trying to contact the customer services department as well as I'm disputing some monies that were applied to our account when they shouldn't have been. Can anyone advise how long they take to just acknowledge receipt of the complaint and which emails have you used.

Thanks

Did you book in the UK (direct or through a travel agent)?

The UK phone number tha i use is +44 23 80650 5000 followed by Option 1, then option 5. (so 023 806505000 should work for you).  I have found them quite responsive.

Or try:   resaccounting@hollandamerica.co.uk