The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday September 24th, 2022

richwmn

On 9/24/2022 at 2:08 PM, XBGuy said:

@cat shepard I have to confess that I had never heard of a Clef du Vin.  And, I am not exactly a wine newbie--my legal wine consumption can be traced back to a Lancer's Rose on April 19, 1969.  Anyway, Google resolved my curiosity.

We moved into our current house in 1987.  We stopped buying live Christmas trees decades ago, but in the first few years of our Diamond Bar experience we planted four of them on the slope between us and our neighbor.  One did not survive.  Three did.  Those three have cost me a considerable amount of money and have benefited multiple tree servicers.  This is the time of year when I make sure that the Santa Ana Winds can blow through those evergreens.  So, a call to Fidel worked, and trees are being serviced.

Christmaas trees.

IMG_9410.jpg.f00d70cc31f223e31df8ffb991a5b79a.jpg

IMG_9411.jpg.b1ab7cac684b7eab3d05d49d9fddad78.jpg

By the time I took these pics, they had done a lot of work.  So, you can see a lot of light coming through the branches.  When they started, you could not.

We also had some work on Queen Palms.

IMG_9402.thumb.jpg.1f4b20e432cadae8e641e047e21b0c1e.jpg

Actually, one of the Queen Palms was diseased, and we had them remove it.  I thought this view of Fidel with the corpse of the palm over his shoulder was pretty funny.

IMG_9400.thumb.jpg.45454e2436d3dd99fd92bc616a9b2796.jpg

We also had them shape a wildly overgrown Pittosporum and thin out a Jacaranda.

We have not been able to cruise, lately, because of a domestic issue.  However, the plus side of that is that I can afford to have this tree work done.  😃

Sorry. I had explained about the Clef du Vin in one of my travelogues.  I guess I need to explain it, whenever I use it. BTW, eBay has the best price. 

• Like 2