Can I take my knitting on a cruise with MSC

Loverofcrafting

No problem with knitting other than if you are flying to the port. Our friends have had knitting needles thrown out at the luggage check area----they were classified as sharp "dangerous weapons" by the TSA agents in the USA! You might want to leave them in checked bags rather than carry-on.

Edited by chocolate melting cake

11 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

No problem with knitting other than if you are flying to the port. Our friends have had knitting needles thrown out at the luggage check area----they were classified as sharp "dangerous weapons" by the TSA agents in the USA! You might want to leave them in checked bags rather than carry-on.

Yes, I am flying into the destination country/port/Spain.  

I was thinking I won't be able to bring my knitting as carry on luggage.  Its great newa I can take it on holidays/cruising with me if I take a notion to do some knitting.  

I will find out from my airline/on a local knitting group if I can take my knitting in my carry on but it's doubtful. 

If you carry plastic or wood/bamboo needles that don’t show up on X-ray you will be fine.  If you are very particular about your needles but plan to work in transit, pack the favorites in checked baggage and use plastic, etc. temporarily.  That said, I usually travel with small crochet projects and have never had a problem with the steel hooks.  EM

Actually, you can fly with knitting needles.  If you look on the TSA site they are specifically listed as permitted items.  My wife keeps a printout in her knitting bag & has had to pull it out a few times when they balked.  Actually had one guy say he didn't care what it said.  We has a nice discussion on his perceived authority to overrule the published rules.  He supervisor agreed with us.

In my mind the circular needles are far more dangerous, but I don't make the rules.