Bittersweet Pride Med cruise 10/01/

jimbo5544

Debark was smooth as silk at airport by 9:30, had to eait to check in (opened at 11.  Lunch at airport and take off at landed in JFK at 8.  

up the next Am on 9 am flight to FT Myers.  We fared better than most but it still hurt.  Have never seen such devastation.  Been working hard at helping us and the community to recover.  

• Like 4

On 10/16/2022 at 2:09 PM, jimbo5544 said:

We have been to many of these ports a number of times, and Naples certainly fits in that category.  During a stop here 6 years ago, we did our own excursion privately with Joey Bananas.  When we asked our group if they were interested in doing it and we would coordinate it in advance.  

Most were and we reserved 3 10 passenger vans for the Sorrento, Positano and Ravello with lunch at LaTagliata.  

I'm checking out the Sorrento & Amalfi Coast, including lunch tour through www.joebananalimos.net.  Is this the same tour you were on?  I'm thinking of booking it for just me and DH.  Are you set loose at the stops or does the driver give any guidance?  TIA!

34 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm checking out the Sorrento & Amalfi Coast, including lunch tour through www.joebananalimos.net.  Is this the same tour you were on?  I'm thinking of booking it for just me and DH.  Are you set loose at the stops or does the driver give any guidance?  TIA!

That is the one.  We have done it before on a previous cruise and wanted this group to do it.  You have some guided time in each of Sorrento and Ravello and then set free to explore further in both.   In Positano it is just free time.  The highlight of the day is the lunch.  Whatever Momma and her son cook you get. Wonderfull food in abundance and cree flowing wine and the desserts are off the charts.  Highly recommend it.  Our driver  and guide were classic Italians very good and very funny.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for the review and all your great pictures. I was sorry to hear of the devastation in Fort Myers and I hope everyone is eventually able to recover. 😢 I've been there twice in the past.

Thank  you for the kind words.  Fort Myers Strong will survive.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 2:17 PM, jimbo5544 said:

That is the one.  We have done it before on a previous cruise and wanted this group to do it.  You have some guided time in each of Sorrento and Ravello and then set free to explore further in both.   In Positano it is just free time.  The highlight of the day is the lunch.  Whatever Momma and her son cook you get. Wonderfull food in abundance and cree flowing wine and the desserts are off the charts.  Highly recommend it.  Our driver  and guide were classic Italians very good and very funny.  

Thank you very much for your extensive review. I love your pictures!

We were on Carnival Pride too for its Mediterranean Cruise last October 21-30, 2022 from Rome to Lisbon. In Messina, Sicily--we did the Carnival shore excursion "Taormina on your own", and it was wonderful. We were driven to Taormina- with some briefing along the way--then had 4 hours to explore the area on our own. Looking at your pictures, Messina is so much worth a visit too.

In Naples, we did a Carnival excursion " Amalfi and Pompeii by land and sea". Amalfi is amazing--and approaching Amalfi by boat is breathtaking. Pompeii is indeed very interesting and thought-provoking. I am inspired by your pictures of your tour of Sorrento, Positano, and Ravello. Hope to do this tour in 2024. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MedCruise_2022 said:

Thank you very much for your extensive review. I love your pictures!

We were on Carnival Pride too for its Mediterranean Cruise last October 21-30, 2022 from Rome to Lisbon. In Messina, Sicily--we did the Carnival shore excursion "Taormina on your own", and it was wonderful. We were driven to Taormina- with some briefing along the way--then had 4 hours to explore the area on our own. Looking at your pictures, Messina is so much worth a visit too.

In Naples, we did a Carnival excursion " Amalfi and Pompeii by land and sea". Amalfi is amazing--and approaching Amalfi by boat is breathtaking. Pompeii is indeed very interesting and thought-provoking. I am inspired by your pictures of your tour of Sorrento, Positano, and Ravello. Hope to do this tour in 2024. 

Thank you!

My pleasure, thanks for following along. 

• Like 1