Elevators and rear cabins on the Meraviglia

slk1000

I've been assigned cabin 8235 on my upcoming Meraviglia 3 night cruise.  I'm a bit concerned about noise that may come from the Carousel Lounge but with a guaranteed cabin I realize that's the risk I took and I'm hoping it'll be ok.  If anyone has ever stayed in the rear side facing balcony cabins please let me know if noise was a real issue.  I think I've read that the elevators at the back of the ship are for crew only.  Does anyone know if there are stairs passengers can use or would we need to walk to mid-ship for stairs/elevators?  I appreciate any thoughts.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, slk1000 said:

I've been assigned cabin 8235 on my upcoming Meraviglia 3 night cruise.  I'm a bit concerned about noise that may come from the Carousel Lounge but with a guaranteed cabin I realize that's the risk I took and I'm hoping it'll be ok.  If anyone has ever stayed in the rear side facing balcony cabins please let me know if noise was a real issue.  I think I've read that the elevators at the back of the ship are for crew only.  Does anyone know if there are stairs passengers can use or would we need to walk to mid-ship for stairs/elevators?  I appreciate any thoughts.  Thank you!

I’m on the ship currently. I’ll try to remember to walk back there the next time they have a show. I don’t believe there are any stairs back there. The elevators are def crew only. 

• Like 2

Hi Slk 1000,

I will let Racephoto get back to you as to noise from the Carousel. 

Trotted to your room a few moments ago.  As you rightly concluded, it’s at the end of the hallway, and the door that is there (left, when facing your door) is indeed crew only except for emergency.

Walked back to the nearest bank of elevators and stairs.  Next to 8167.  Took me 130 steps, in 1:24. Did not walk super fast, but a tad faster than with DW in tow. 

Next elevator is the panoramic.

Here is a link to the deck plan.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=MSC-Meraviglia&deck=8

Be well and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, racephoto said:

I’m on the ship currently. I’ll try to remember to walk back there the next time they have a show. I don’t believe there are any stairs back there. The elevators are def crew only. 

Thank you!

On 10/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, slk1000 said:

Thank you!

I walked around back there last night at 9 PM. The show was supposed to start at 8:45 so it should’ve been going on. I didn’t hear anything. I can’t imagine that the hallways are better soundproofed than the cabin…..  There was some noise from the engines or something else, but it’s like white noise and it wouldn’t bother me.

• Thanks 1