Mardi Gras Review Good Bad and Ugly

Mary Louise

On 10/5/2022 at 11:50 AM, Caps_Shield said:

You said that the bathrooms are a typical bathroom.  Did you mean atypical like horrible.  The toilet area is really small.

I found that the bathrooms on the Mardi Gras are SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the bathrooms on every other cruise ship bathroom I've ever had.

On 10/8/2022 at 12:28 PM, Mary Louise said:

Priority embarkation and disembarkation is a nice perk. We did not take advantage of this perk. CCL would not let my son embark with us, so we stayed with him and his family until his group was called.

Unless things changed since our last time on the Mardi Gras back in April at Port Canaveral there's Priority Check-In for Platinums and Diamonds but not priority boarding. In other words there were separate check-in lines but after that you were given the most current boarding group regardless of your VIFP status. Did that change?

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Unless things changed since our last time on the Mardi Gras back in April at Port Canaveral there's Priority Check-In for Platinums and Diamonds but not priority boarding. In other words there were separate check-in lines but after that you were given the most current boarding group regardless of your VIFP status. Did that change?

You are allowed to check-in 48 hours Achaean of other passengers to get a time to board. Then you are given a group number. I was A4. That would have been one of the first boarding groups to embark. 

7 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

You are allowed to check-in 48 hours Achaean of other passengers to get a time to board. Then you are given a group number. I was A4. That would have been one of the first boarding groups to embark. 

Yes I know that. What time was your boarding time? We choose 11-11:30 and we were assigned boarding zone C02. On our cruise they hadn't even started boarding when we were checking in. As I said, It's not priority boarding it's priority check in. If, for example, a non platinum or diamond happened to be able to choose an early boarding time they would have been given a higher number just for the fact that they choose an early check-in time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 9:35 PM, kwokpot said:

Yes I know that. What time was your boarding time? We choose 11-11:30 and we were assigned boarding zone C02. On our cruise they hadn't even started boarding when we were checking in. As I said, It's not priority boarding it's priority check in. If, for example, a non platinum or diamond happened to be able to choose an early boarding time they would have been given a higher number just for the fact that they choose an early check-in time. 

This is true which is why if you want an early terminal time and thus an earlier boarding zone, you need to jump on the log in and app as soon as possible once you're able.    Boarding time is dependent upon inspections being completed and ship turned around for new guest.  Usually it's closer to noon than 11.

Edited by crewsweeper