NCL Name Change

Gatorzzzz

On 10/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, Gatorzzzz said:

NCL does not mean Norwegian Cruise Line, it really stands for No Care Line 

I am scheduled to sail Sunday out of NYC, with my NCL air leaving Ft. Myers Sunday morning at 7:10 arriving in NY just before 10:00, plenty of time to get to the pier. I live about 3 miles from the Ft. Myers airport. Very convenient!

Hey, has anyone heard about this weather event called Hurricane Ian?  It has caused the closure of the Ft. Myers airport; although it is scheduled to reopen Wednesday.  No problem, airport is open. Well only sort of. Upon reopening the earliest permitted departure is 8:30. 

I chatted with Delta and the flight is still scheduled, even though under current FAA guidelines it cannot depart.

So, wanting to be proactive, I called NCL. They don’t care. They won’t even consider a Plan B. If the flight is canceled any time after Thursday morning I am at the mercy of the airline.  They won’t book me on an alternative flight, won’t reschedule me out of an alternate airport. Won’t do anything.

The first person who didn’t help me cut me off instead of sending me to the resolution desk. 

I called back and got moved up to the resolution desk. No help. The don’t have authority to resolve anything. I was on the phone so long it died on me.

This will be my last NCL cruise. 

The whole reason we book flights through cruise lines and is that if something goes sideways, their flight group is available to fix it.  Only had one issue and that was on Celebrity when my luggage didn’t make the ship on a cruise out of Rome.  I had a rolley with a few things with me.  Took four days to get rest of luggage in Istanbul, the concierge  comp’ed me whatever I needed from shops on board.  It was an experience but they tried to make it right.

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

The whole reason we book flights through cruise lines and is that if something goes sideways, their flight group is available to fix it.  Only had one issue and that was on Celebrity when my luggage didn’t make the ship on a cruise out of Rome.  I had a rolley with a few things with me.  Took four days to get rest of luggage in Istanbul, the concierge  comp’ed me whatever I needed from shops on board.  It was an experience but they tried to make it right.

That exact thing happened to us on Princess out of Civitavecchia.   When we finally got the rest of our luggage all of our electronics were gone.   I don’t believe it was Princess, I think it was the sticky fingered goons working luggage in the back rooms of the airline.  

9 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

That exact thing happened to us on Princess out of Civitavecchia.   When we finally got the rest of our luggage all of our electronics were gone.   I don’t believe it was Princess, I think it was the sticky fingered goons working luggage in the back rooms of the airline.  

Wouldn’t doubt it.  It’s my least favourite airport.  Always carry bag with computer and camera equipment with me.

On 10/4/2022 at 8:32 AM, MotownVoice said:

What horrible advice.   I could say “never use a travel agent”.  That way you’re not wasting you’re  time on the phone with an agency when the Cruiseline could fix a problem faster.  But that would be just as idiotic.   

I have used TA’s and they always turned out to be a roadblock between me and resolutions.   But some people like them. God bless em. 

“Never” is such a wasted word full of letters.   Think of what else you could do with all those “e”s that would serve mankind better.  

Yes I agree. I like to interface myself and own the booking.

one can things while being hold