Pre cruise testing confusion

robc1972

34 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

What are the testing requirements for pre cruise?

Bermuda website says 4 days before departure for PCR.
RC website says 2 days.
The 2 days is cutting it close since it always takes us 3 days to get results from CVS.

You have to follow the more restrictive protocol of your cruise line. Doesn't Royal Caribbean also allow antigen tests? Those can even be done in your home under online telehealth proctoring with results back in minutes.

BTW, when are you sailing because Bermuda has eliminated its testing requirements effective October 25. However if your cruise line requires a test you still have to do it.

17 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You have to follow the more restrictive protocol of your cruise line. Doesn't Royal Caribbean also allow antigen tests? Those can even be done in your home under online telehealth proctoring with results back in minutes.

BTW, when are you sailing because Bermuda has eliminated its testing requirements effective October 25. However if your cruise line requires a test you still have to do it.

we are cruising on Saturday and need testing.

Its just odd that the pcr and rapid are both 2 days for Bermuda but all other places that require testing are 3 days for pcr and 2 for rapid.
There are no rapid tests near us anymore and too late to get the home test.

16 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

we are cruising on Saturday and need testing.

Its just odd that the pcr and rapid are both 2 days for Bermuda but all other places that require testing are 3 days for pcr and 2 for rapid.
There are no rapid tests near us anymore and too late to get the home test.

I agree that Royal's rule doesn't make sense, but you have to follow it.

Most drugstores, and even other stores, sell the antigen tests over the counter and then you can sign up for a telehealth proctored test with OnPoint testing using the test you bought . 

https://onpoint-testing.com/

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I agree that Royal's rule doesn't make sense, but you have to follow it.

Most drugstores, and even other stores, sell the antigen tests over the counter and then you can sign up for a telehealth proctored test with OnPoint testing using the test you bought . 

https://onpoint-testing.com/

Thanks, That site looks like its the best option for us. Can use the tests we have and do it at home.

2 hours ago, 2wheelsorwater said:

Paper from Bermuda travel Authority states supervised antigen 2 days before or 19NAAT (pcr lamp tma) up to 4 days before. So confused calling Royal today to verify.

You always have to obey the most restrictive protocol. Since Bermuda's no more than  4 days prior timeline doesn't satisfy Royal Caribbean's no more than two days prior timeline you have to follow Royal's rules.

Edited by njhorseman

Well now I too am confused. I was relieved when Bermuda said "testing" was no longer required when arriving on a cruise ship effective October 25, 2022 but when I went on Carnival's site it states that their cruisers to Bermuda (and cruises over 16 days) are still required to be tested. Crazy! Am I reading this right? Or are they referring to the TA Bermuda travellers?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Well now I too am confused. I was relieved when Bermuda said "testing" was no longer required when arriving on a cruise ship effective October 25, 2022 but when I went on Carnival's site it states that their cruisers to Bermuda (and cruises over 16 days) are still required to be tested. Crazy! Am I reading this right? Or are they referring to the TA Bermuda travellers?

A cruise line has the right to impose protocols that exceed those of the destinations they're  visiting so if Carnival wants to maintain testing for Bermuda cruises it has every right to do so.

That having been said, it appears that at least some cruise lines haven't yet updated their websites to reflect Bermuda's elimination of the testing requirement effective October 25. You may want to be patient because I suspect the rules will be updated before October 25.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Called Carnival and was told Bermuda gave all cruise lines guidelines and YES testing is still required - how much sense does that make?

The telephone call center employees answer questions from scripts that are provided to them. Carnival probably hasn't updated its call center scripts yet.

• Like 2