Viking British Isles Explorer - major itinerary change!!

LAFB

I'm a first-time cruiser. We had initially signed up for a Viking Ocean Cruise, British Isles Explorer, due to leave near the beginning of August, 2023. Some months ago, we were told that cruise would not run, and we were scheduled for the same itinerary, leaving about a week later.  

We just now received email telling us that THREE stops on the itinerary are being changed. There was no explanation. In two of the cases, I don't mind so much, but they got rid of Belfast, the only stop in Northern Ireland. I am really unhappy about this.

When looking at their web site now, it shows that most of the BIE cruises in that time frame are keeping the original itinerary.  I wish I knew why ours and one other are different.

Is this typical for Viking? I thought they were supposed to be better than this.

4 minutes ago, LAFB said:

I'm a first-time cruiser. We had initially signed up for a Viking Ocean Cruise, British Isles Explorer, due to leave near the beginning of August, 2023. Some months ago, we were told that cruise would not run, and we were scheduled for the same itinerary, leaving about a week later.  

We just now received email telling us that THREE stops on the itinerary are being changed. There was no explanation. In two of the cases, I don't mind so much, but they got rid of Belfast, the only stop in Northern Ireland. I am really unhappy about this.

When looking at their web site now, it shows that most of the BIE cruises in that time frame are keeping the original itinerary.  I wish I knew why ours and one other are different.

Is this typical for Viking? I thought they were supposed to be better than this.

Wrong forum.   Here is where you want to post this:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/689-viking-ocean/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LAFB said:

Read your Ticket Contract and T&Cs.

1 hour ago, LAFB said:

If you post this on the VIKING OCEANS FORUM I am sure that you will get lots of advice and comments from the many experienced Viking cruisers. To start though, you might also want to email Viking…they are very responsive. Good luck.