Private tour Amber Cove - where to go?

Cruisesfun65

We are 6 ladies visiting Amber Cove next month and we booked a private driver for the day.

Two of us have mobility issues, so hiking and climbing is out of the question. 

What are the must  sees and must dos we can fill our day with?

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish you (taegan) had gotten a response to your question as I would have liked to have known which "private driver" they hired in Amber Cove.  I will be on a cruise next month, stopping in Amber Cove and would very much like some recommendation on what to see and do - and/or companies that do excursions (do not want to do ship excursions).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Duranee said:

I wish you (taegan) had gotten a response to your question as I would have liked to have known which "private driver" they hired in Amber Cove.  I will be on a cruise next month, stopping in Amber Cove and would very much like some recommendation on what to see and do - and/or companies that do excursions (do not want to do ship excursions).

We have a tour booked for next week with RV Tours.  They customized a tour for my group doing what we wanted to see.  Great communication and very fair price. Contact Rene @ https://www.rvtours.info/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 10:52 PM, hrmkr said:

We have a tour booked for next week with RV Tours.  They customized a tour for my group doing what we wanted to see.  Great communication and very fair price. Contact Rene @ https://www.rvtours.info/

We just did this 11/30/22.

Fantastic tour w/RV Tours.  And very reasonably priced especially for an independent tour. 

There were 4 of us and we had a friendly guide and driver.  They took us to the skylift, the Jesus statue, the rum distillery ($9 bottles to take home!), the chocolate factory (brought home a huge bag of organic coco for a few dollars), the jewelry factory, the cigar factory, the downtown area w/the church and to a fun beachside restaurant with $7 Pina coladas....LOL...

They were willing to change the tour up to whatever we wanted.  They also knew how to avoid the ship buses at each spot and seemed to have an in with the establishments to get us in and to the front of any queue. We did request a grocery stop and they took us to a local grocery store where you can load up on the Santo Domingo coffee for $6 a pound...the same thing they sell for double that at Amber Cove.

Tip them well....They are good...Fun time had by all!

• Thanks 1