Sky Princess: electrical outlets...US, European, or both?

Fleur25

Hello Cruisers:

I'm getting conflicting information and I thought I'd turn to the pros. My past Princess cruise ships all used US outlets. I brought a non-surge power strip and we were good to go. On another forum, I read the outlets on Sky are European? Then someone else said there's one of each? (US/European)

So, anyone on Sky recently with the real 411?

And, if there's both US and European plugs, if I buy an adaptor will I double my outlets?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Fleur25 said:

And, if there's both US and European plugs, if I buy an adaptor will I double my outlets?

Yes, you will double the outlets. But, keep in mind that the European outlets are 220 volt as opposed to 110 volt for the US outlets, so make sure anything you plug into the adapter will handle that higher voltage. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

But, keep in mind that the European outlets are 220 volt as opposed to 110 volt for the US outlets, so make sure anything you plug into the adapter will handle that higher voltage. 

3 minutes ago, Wichard said:

Just be aware the European outlets are 220 volts.  My iPhone chargers are dual voltage so that works fine but for anything else be sure you check the label.

Ok that's very good to know! Thank you so much! Y'all are awesome. I had no idea I'd learn about electrical engineering while planning my cruise. LOL!!!