Nieuw Statendam pool chairs in the sun

CruiserKris34

I have been on Royal & Celebrity and now considering HAL.  I looked at the pictures for the outdoor pool on the Nieuw Statendam & it does not look like many.  We spend our days around the pool, hopefully in the sun.  Also, any other differences on HAL that I might want to consider?  Is the food comparable to Royal & Celebrity?  Thanks, Kris

The 'indoor' pool is under a sliding roof that is open in good weather. There are plenty of seats there that will be in the sun, allowing that as the sun moves, the particular seats will change. 
On the Pinnacle Class ships, there is another level above the 'indoor' pool with plenty of seating in the sun. 

• Thanks 1

Here's a couple of photos of the "indoor pool" on the Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam's sister.  You can see what RuthC is talking about regarding the second level.

L.

image.thumb.jpeg.4392b54673ef1f803ce26318ca9adddf.jpeg

IMG_9740.JPG

Edited by leerathje
  • Thanks 1

A lot can depend on the chef in charge. I'd rate X and HAL ahead of Royal but have had no complaint with Royal food. My two cruise favorites are X and HAL. Hal is ahead on itineraries and X just pips HAL with food.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1