Few Questions Regarding Beverage Package and Table request

Scotico

So a few questions.  My wife and I are traveling with our Kids who are 8 and 4.  The in-laws are also coming where we are staying in attached rooms.  Wife and I plan on purchasing Beverage packages.  Does Royal ever do good deals for the beverage packages on Black Friday or on the ship.  On a previous cruise many years ago, we purchased a beverage package when we boarded where it was BOGO.  

Also, since there are 6 of us, can we request a window seat in the dining room when we board/check in?  

1 minute ago, Scotico said:

So a few questions.  My wife and I are traveling with our Kids who are 8 and 4.  The in-laws are also coming where we are staying in attached rooms.  Wife and I plan on purchasing Beverage packages.  Does Royal ever do good deals for the beverage packages on Black Friday or on the ship.  On a previous cruise many years ago, we purchased a beverage package when we boarded where it was BOGO.  

Also, since there are 6 of us, can we request a window seat in the dining room when we board/check in?  

Email your dining request to rcldining@rccl.com about two weeks prior to your departure date.

There are Black Friday deals on drink packages, sometimes really good sometimes not so much. Buying the drink package on board is almost never a good idea. 

• Like 1

I'd go ahead and buy the beverage packages as soon as you feel comfortable doing so.  If the price goes down, you can cancel the first purchase and re-purchase the package at a lower price, you can do that as often as you want.  So, there is no downside to purchasing right away.  In fact, the price today may be the lowest you find it in the future.  I never hesitate purchasing anything from the "cruise planner", that I plan on doing/experiencing/enjoy.  You can always cancel and get a full refund/credit, not a problem.  It's too bad that Royal's ticketing/fare price isn't the same anymore.

On our cruise last October, they did have a BOGO half-off sale on the first (maybe also second?) night on-board.  And yes, to second not-enough-cruising, even with this price offer, it was still more expensive than one of the times I had priced out the "sale" offers sent pre-cruise.  

With that said, I haven't seen the price as low since as the pre-cruise "sale" price mentioned above.  But I'd imagine the pricing scale on-board would slide accordingly and still be more expensive.  

"SALE" is a nebulous term for RCCL.  If you see a price that you think is good for you then buy it.  Our Thanksgiving cruise on Wonder was $68 when I first checked.  Then went to $72 and I bought it.  Then went to $78 and yesterday was at $73.  For the last "Big Sale" it had been at $78 and for the sale went to $72.  Then after the sale back to $78 and about a week ago $73.  It's like chasing the bouncing ball.  I have never seen it cheaper on board than pre-board. 

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

8 hours ago, Scotico said:

Bogo with Royal is meaningless.  Just look at the out the door price.   What they post on the planner is with the bogo, so don’t assume it would be bogo after that price.   

12 minutes ago, topnole said:

Bogo with Royal is meaningless.  Just look at the out the door price.   What they post on the planner is with the bogo, so don’t assume it would be bogo after that price.   

Yep, don't look at the %ages they advertise or gimmick names they give the, so called, sales, they're all gimmicks.  I'd just look at the final prices, period.  If the final price is cheaper than the one you were looking at earlier, then consider it a sale.  But, make sure it the final price.

BOGO only means "Buy One Get One".  Some folks assume that it means Buy One Get One Free, which is actually 50% off, maybe.  Buy One Get One can mean anything and more and more it's becoming meaningless!