New to Princess, looking for information

zanderblue

58 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Longtime Carnival cruiser looking at Ruby or Emerald for November 2023 because we want to go to other places than Carnival offers.  So people can book a lounger in Sanctuary for the whole cruise?  If you go up there with no reservation is there a chance there are open chairs?  This would be our first Princess cruise so won’t have perks and of course Carnival doesn’t keep your status across their lines.  Even though first cruise it would be a 14 day cruise.

It would depend on the itinerary...Caribbean - no way, Alaska - maybe, port intensive - maybe, Hawaii - doubtful.

If Carnival brands status matched it would be an incentive for us to try other lines. Oh, well.

2 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

So people can book a lounger in Sanctuary for the whole cruise?  If you go up there with no reservation is there a chance there are open chairs?  ....   first cruise it would be a 14 day cruise.

I am not the total expert on weekly or back-to-back reservations.  But I will give you what I hope is good information.

Yes, it is possible to book loungers in the Sanctuary for the full cruise.  For a back to back, then this would be fo rthe first leg.

Yes, those who are already onboard from the prev. sailing, as well as those who have earlier priority boarding. (Suite, Elite, Platinum, etc...) will be able to be the first ones to board and go up the Sanctuary to. make their reservations.

For you, if you are doing a 14 day back-to-back, here is how you might want to go about this.

Get to the port early, and go up to the Sanctuary as soon as you can board.  Many days might be sold out,  but would possibly find an opening on Port days, or even get lucky for a sea day.

I wouldn't count on showing up and finding newly available loungers.  But, yes, the afternoon before the following day, or first thing in the morning, you can check for any cancellations.  I think these would be handled in the usual, first come first served, system.  I do not think you can get on a list to be called.

I am not sure,  and maybe somebody can verify,  but I believe that on the last day of your first leg you are able to book for the next leg.  So, this might help you out on the second week.

We enjoy the Sanctuary!

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Great Zanderblue.

What type of cabin are you going with?

I hope you have a great cruise on the Ruby!

Thanks.
We have gone for C753. It’s aft facing on the corner.

Looking forward to a change of scenery on Princess. 😊