Celebrity Summit Aqua class

Premier1vaCruiser

Hi Cruising friends  has anyone stayed aqua class deck 11 aft on the Summit.  It looks like it is above the sunset bar. My Question  is do these Aft Balcony’s get lots of noise or issues from the Bar below.  Not sure I should book the cabin there or more mid ship on Deck 11.  Also is the Aqua class worth it? Have you enjoyed the perks? Looking for your sage advice.  Thanks 

They are our favorite cabins because we like watching the wake, but they do have some noise issues (but nothing we can't live with).

You don't get much chatter from the people below, but when the guitar player is there you can hear him - if he's good we consider this a benefit.

Now, we haven't sailed since before Covid, but they used to show movies ABOVE this deck, and they seemed to be all shoot-em-up, blow-em-up films, which we could also hear and we weren't fond of, but it was only while the movies were playing.

We have been in these cabins at least half a dozen times and would not choose anything else.

We love Blu, could care less about the "spa" perks.

• Like 1

Maybe I have no right to offer an answer as I have not personally sailed on the Summit as of yet.

However, I am booked for my first sailing in June 2023 in an Aqua Class cabin and I had the exact same question as you.

I literally spent hours pouring over Internet reviews pertaining to Deck 9 and 11 cabins.  Got a lot of answers to questions, but one thing I found, they were not consistent.  More on that in a moment.

I am on deck #9 for my sailing.  Technically, this is the noisiest deck to have a cabin since the pool and buffet are right above on deck #10.  Deck #9 also has an overhang that extends above the balconies.  For me, it's not a big deal to have the overhang.  I chose cabin #9125 which is supposed to have the shortest amount of coverage since there is a "dip" in the ship.

I did consider deck #11 cabins, but for one, the balconies are supposed to be tiny compared to those on deck #9 (unless you get aft facing cabins) and that's what pushed me away.  Additionally, there are some occupants who said they heard noise from the late night entertainment on that deck.

What was not consistent from one reviewer to another were noise levels.  Some heard lots of noise on these decks during their sailing, some did not.  

Hoping to read some reviews from those that have stayed in both.

Edited by NJRonbo

Also, the cabin on the very end...I believe it is 1130, is subject to the slamming of the very heavy door that leads down to the bar.  But this shortcut is also great, we use it all the time to bop down and get coffee, etc.  Just be kind and hold the door so it doesn't slam.

• Like 2

One of the nice things about the Deck 11 aft cabins is their "isolated" location. If you look at Deck 11, you will notice there are outside stairs in the back that head directly down to the Sunset Bar on Deck 10. But there are also "front" doors that lead you outside where you can walk directly over to the Sky Lounge, which can prove to be very convenient after spending time in the evening there or just laying out above the pool area.

Also, the stairs in the aft can lead you directly down to the buffet on Deck 10 where you can very easily fill your plates and then bring them back to your cabin to dine on your balcony. Just thought I'd mention some of the "not so widely spoke of" perks associated with the Deck 11 balcony cabins (as well as a few inside ones) in the aft.

image.thumb.png.e34c94553cd840fe2cb55ae34f8147ca.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

One of the nice things about the Deck 11 aft cabins is their "isolated" location. If you look at Deck 11, you will notice there are outside stairs in the back that head directly down to the Sunset Bar on Deck 10. But there are also "front" doors that lead you outside where you can walk directly over to the Sky Lounge, which can prove to be very convenient after spending time in the evening there or just laying out above the pool area.

Also, the stairs in the aft can lead you directly up to the buffet on Deck 12 where you can very easily fill your plates and then bring them back to your cabin to dine on your balcony. Just thought I'd mention some of the "not so widely spoke of" perks associated with the Deck 11 balcony cabins (as well as a few inside ones) in the aft.

image.thumb.png.e34c94553cd840fe2cb55ae34f8147ca.png

Ken,

Is there another buffet on Deck #12?  I know there is one on Deck #10.  

Edited by NJRonbo

Now the schematic does not really indicate the differences between those 5 aft cabin balconies.

The 2 on each end are smaller, the 3 in the center are much larger, the very center being the largest, but we prefer 1138 because it's angled and you have a nice panoramic view, the very center one, while the biggest, has more of a "tunnel vision" aspect.

• Like 1

We've been in the aft cabins on 11 three times on the Summit, most recently in April of this year.  I love the location and don't mind hearing the music/chatter from the Sunset Bar.  My only complaint is when the movie on 12 is so loud at times that it can be heard in the cabin with the door closed.  When it's that loud, sitting on the veranda is not enjoyable.  My favorite cabins are the aft cabins below the Sunset bar but those are not Aqua so we can't eat in Blu. 

15 hours ago, warmwinds said:

Also, the cabin on the very end...I believe it is 1130, is subject to the slamming of the very heavy door that leads down to the bar.  But this shortcut is also great, we use it all the time to bop down and get coffee, etc.  Just be kind and hold the door so it doesn't slam.

Interesting because the cabin available is 1130. So maybe I will skip that one.  Thanks for the info. 

That's a tough decision.  The door doesn't slam ALL the time (and we can hear it from our cabin, too, just more muffled) - no different than being in a hotel with heavy slamming doors.  However, you also have the smaller balcony so you're more "on top of" the people down below (there used to be a solid canvas barrier but in their brilliance they decided open slats would be better).  The 3 center ones you can sit way back on the larger balcony.

We just really like having the view over the wake.  I would take 1130 if there were no other choice.

I have also stayed in 1130. Never really noticed slamming doors. Any of those 5 afts are great. Balcony in 1130 is still large. One person can run down to bar and bring two drinks up and hand them right over the balcony to the other person. Very convenient.

Laura

• Like 1