Ask me anything (AMA): edge villa on Celebrity Beyond

LongStrangeTrip19

showed my gf all your pics and explained that we would be steps from SNACKS and even the lower deck bar.. sold!  wrote to my TA to book it. i hadnt see the lower bar before. it looks like it's just made for walk up service.  is that right?  im not a huge bar person but did expect to see bar/stools etc.  i know upstairs is another bar.

she did ask if we would get in trouble going thru the secret door and i assured her you said we wont! i didnt realize the concierges were right there too. was that awkward at all?

just out of curiosity did you book direct or TA? my TA is giving me about 9.5% back and curious how that ranks with other TAs. then 800 from X.

• Like 1

I booked direct. Sounds like a great deal! We exchanged our two bottles of booze for wine. I don't drink and the wife doesn't do bars. The butler was the one who showed us the secret door. I just acted like I owned the joint and never even got a sideways glance. I usually entered thru the secret door but exited thru the regular door because my hands were full of loot.  Half of winning is looking like you belong! I had the butler fix me up with O'Doul's and Perrier. There is a bar in the Retreat Lounge but I don't recall in being manned. Probably because it was early. There was a cork remover in the cabinet. Treat yourself to the room service breakfast. There's an expanded menu and the butler delivers it. 

20221126_143551.jpg

Ask the butler. He will hook you up. You are King of the ship in that room. My late wife asked the butler for Bloody Mary mix while we were in the Penthouse on the Constellation. He came back 20 minutes later and looking a little flustered. Said he had to scream at a bartender but he returned with a bar sized bottle of the mixer! They really go all out for Royal Suite and above. 

20221112_102349.jpg

Guest 4-2-N-8

EVs are well worth the price.

Starboard is best.

Never asked for monogrammed PJs. They just showed up a few days in.

Superb service. Ran all inquiries and requests via my room staff (butler and stateroom attendant), who handled everything with aplomb.

Plunge pool filled, drained, cleaned twice daily. I run it hot at 40 degrees Celsius at all times.

Tried all specialties, Le Voyage twice (first and last evenings) on a 7-night cruise ending earlier this month.

Room service for breakfast arrived hot and exactly as ordered.

Would never do a PS or RS on this class of ship due to the balcony overhand and no hot tub.

I'll stick with EVs or Iconic (if I bring along anyone for the second bedroom).

Rest of ship was nice, too, but didn't spend too much time outside Retreat. The Retreat sundeck and pool deck staff are Johnny on the spot keeping libations flowing.

Retreat lounge was a nice, calm oasis. Good drinks and small bites over the day.

This was a trial run for me. Glad I did it. I'll be on her again this August in Mediterranean. 

Peace to all.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

i just read a review from 2022

"It's a pool, not a hot tub capable of maintaining heat. It is drained every night.  I've been told not to fill it myself. I ask that it be filled at 2.  It's too hot for me then, but by about 3 or 3:30 it is good,  until about 6:30.  "

but this sounds wrong. no way a butler is gonna come in and fill it exactly when i want it and i sure dont want to see them at 11pm at nite after i get out of the tub and im getting into bed. and i cannot believe they would basically be limiting your hours in the tub to when they want to fill/drain the tub

found a copy of the suite letter someone got in EV, i thought all specialties were included

As an extra perk to sailing on the Celebrity Beyond, we also have our newest specialty dining venue, Le Voyage by Daniel Boulud, available at an additional cost. I attached a menu for this venue for you to look over.

Guest 4-2-N-8
35 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i just read a review from 2022

"It's a pool, not a hot tub capable of maintaining heat. It is drained every night.  I've been told not to fill it myself. I ask that it be filled at 2.  It's too hot for me then, but by about 3 or 3:30 it is good,  until about 6:30.  "

but this sounds wrong. no way a butler is gonna come in and fill it exactly when i want it and i sure dont want to see them at 11pm at nite after i get out of the tub and im getting into bed. and i cannot believe they would basically be limiting your hours in the tub to when they want to fill/drain the tub

Our room steward handled it twice daily when we were out of the room.

How do they operate like ghosts to only be in the room when passengers are out of the room? Easy. Passenger card swipes at venues around the ship, opening stateroom door (likely for room departure), checking in for dining or spa appointments, and no doubt facial recognition technology, etc.

I rarely saw my room steward but could see he'd been in handling everything meticulously while I was out.

My butler knew where I was at any one time, even showing up in different parts of the ship to meet me and ask if there was anything he could do.

It was flawless.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked this summer on Beyond. Previously in a Celebrity Suite, now in a Villa (heretofore sold out, one finally opened up and we snagged it). 

Questions about specialty dining:

1) Are there ever times when you cannot get into a specialty restaurant? We had already booked many venues. 

2) The cruise planner allows us to book speciality dining again (at first when we moved up, it did not). It requires pre-payment via credit card, which is fine, but I suppose the charges will be reversed once onboard?

Thanks in advance.  

Thank you for your kind response. 

This is a question of curiosity:

Le Labo only has a face oil “face wash” (that I’m aware of). Does the Villa include a face wash product?

zoinks these go fast. since the day i booked i look every day for price drops. i booked the 1st one on the cruise. about a week later someone booked 2nd one. few weeks by and skip to the past week..someone booked the 3rd...then zoom! all the other 3 were gone for the past 3 days. in theory i guess could be holds but no chance of price drops if there's not one available. 

also to prove their sales are not sales: when the price did drop on the villa a few days after i booked my TA told me the OBC dropped too so it would come out even.