Can you smell cigarette smoke on 6th floor port side rooms - M Class Millennium

hammymcgee

We just received our guarantee sky suite assignment. I just read a review from someone in a nearby room that they couldn’t use their balcony due to constant smell of  cigarette smoke from deck 4 smoking area. Has anyone else experienced this? We are in 6121 on the port side.

While I can’t speak to the Millenium I can speak to 6125 on the Summit and yes the smoke was an issue.  The smoking area on the outdoor promenade would funnel the cigarette smoke upwards to our balcony at all hours of the day and night. I would book elsewhere if smoke is a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

While I can’t speak to the Millenium I can speak to 6125 on the Summit and yes the smoke was an issue.  The smoking area on the outdoor promenade would funnel the cigarette smoke upwards to our balcony at all hours of the day and night. I would book elsewhere if smoke is a problem. 

Wow, that's surprising. We were just in 6031 on the Summit last month and never smelled cigarette smoke on our balcony ... and we were on it a LOT, especially after I got Covid and was quarantined in our cabin for 5 days. Guess maybe being just a few cabins farther aft may make the difference. Although, I can't recall whether the smoking area encompasses the entire port side promenade on Deck 4 or only the area near the glass elevators.

10 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Although, I can't recall whether the smoking area encompasses the entire port side promenade on Deck 4 or only the area near the glass elevators.

Occupies an area about 20' long, just aft of the door aft of the central elevator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Wow, that's surprising. We were just in 6031 on the Summit last month and never smelled cigarette smoke on our balcony ... and we were on it a LOT, especially after I got Covid and was quarantined in our cabin for 5 days. Guess maybe being just a few cabins farther aft may make the difference. Although, I can't recall whether the smoking area encompasses the entire port side promenade on Deck 4 or only the area near the glass elevators.

Just a quick question to @5:00_Somewhere -- do you have a typo in that stateroom number?

In any event, we have been in 6131 on the Millennium for a B2B.  I dislike the smell of cigarette smoke and it wasn't an issue at all.

We did a suite guarantee, so I don't think there is any way for me to change our room location. This is such a disappointment as we basically stay on our balcony and don't go out to events hardly at all. We even dine on our balcony. We always choose aft balconies for this reason but this is our first X cruise and everyone told us we HAD to do the suite level (which has no aft rooms). It never even crossed my mind that this would be an issue since I've never stayed on a port or starboard side. The worst thing I expected with a "guarantee" assignment in a suite was proximity to an elevator - which isn't even an issue for us. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. Should I call and talk to anyone about it? I am so highly allergic to cigarette smoke that I will have a migraine within 5 minutes of exposure. 

Did you book directly with Celebrity or did you use a travel agent?  If you used a travel agent then call them and explain the issue.  If you used Celebrity then call them.  Stateroom 6121 is a SS2.  You will most likely be assigned another SS2.  We are not to mention specific travel agent websites on Cruise Critic, but there are some websites which list all available staterooms for specific sailings.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Did you book directly with Celebrity or did you use a travel agent?  If you used a travel agent then call them and explain the issue.  If you used Celebrity then call them.  Stateroom 6121 is a SS2.  You will most likely be assigned another SS2.  We are not to mention specific travel agent websites on Cruise Critic, but there are some websites which list all available staterooms for specific sailings.

The only suite showing available for their cruise is a Royal Suite.

13 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Our OP didn't mention the date of their cruise.  How did you know?  If I assume they are on a roll call am i correct?

Yes, I clicked on their name and looked at prior posts.

On 10/21/2022 at 2:52 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Just a quick question to @5:00_Somewhere -- do you have a typo in that stateroom number?

In any event, we have been in 6131 on the Millennium for a B2B.  I dislike the smell of cigarette smoke and it wasn't an issue at all.

Oops, sorry. Yes, that was a type. We were in 6131.