Azura Cabin R302 information

Exbuilder1

14 hours ago, Exbuilder1 said:

We will be on the Azura in a few weeks' time, and it would be good to hear any information on cabin R302 from those who have been in it.

Thanks

Exbuilder

R302 is a perfectly acceptable accessible balcony cabin, conveniently near the forward lift lobby. It is 50% wider than a standard balcony cabin, and being a potential 4 berth cabin it has an extra wardrobe space.

It is not so far forward that it has any of the disadvantages of those cabins fully forward, but you can feel more movement in rough seas than cabins on lower decks, however you very rarely get wet from the spray that balcony cabins on lower decks can suffer from.

We have sailed in this cabin both on Azura and Ventura and would willingly do so again if a C deck cabin was not available.

Edited by terrierjohn

17 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

R302 is a perfectly acceptable accessible balcony cabin, conveniently near the forward lift lobby. It is 50% wider than a standard balcony cabin, and being a potential 4 berth cabin it has an extra wardrobe space.

It is not so far forward that it has any of the disadvantages of those cabins fully forward, but you can feel more movement in rough seas than cabins on lower decks, however you very rarely get wet from the spray that balcony cabins on lower decks can suffer from.

We have sailed in this cabin both on Azura and Ventura and would willingly do so again if a C deck cabin was not available.

I was looking at accessible cabins on Ventura and Azura yesterday. You mention R302 is a potential four berth cabin, but the key does not indicate that; it shows only that it has a shaded balcony. A302, B302 and C302 each have two pull down beds, according to the key.

Can you confirm that R302 does have the two extra beds, and if they were wall or ceiling mounted?

Thanks

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

I was looking at accessible cabins on Ventura and Azura yesterday. You mention R302 is a potential four berth cabin, but the key does not indicate that; it shows only that it has a shaded balcony. A302, B302 and C302 each have two pull down beds, according to the key.

Can you confirm that R302 does have the two extra beds, and if they were wall or ceiling mounted?

Thanks

Having sailed on both ships all in accessible cabins I could be confused, but I think we have been on R deck twice in these cabins and I thought these were the ones with the ceiling mounted bunk beds.

Hopefully a good TA, or even P&O if you can get through to them, should be able to clarify the situation.

As it happens, I've just read your review from 2012 for A303 on Aurora, and seen photos and videos for the equivalent cabins on C deck; they are pull down beds in the ceiling.

I note the accessible balconies on Riviera deck are shaded, and on C deck are partly visible to others. Having stayed in both of those, did either of them cause you any problems?