POA: What if I miss embarkation?

epixx

I am scheduled to sail in January and will arrive via flight on day of embarkation for POA, which leaves at 1900.  I did online chat with NCL website to ask whether I could embark POA in Maui the next day if flight to Honolulu is delayed or canceled.  Chat said yes, and I printed this out for my records. 

Has anyone done this? Would NCL deny boarding in Maui if chat said this is OK?

Chat has zero authority. You would need to coordinate with NCL on meeting the ship. They would have to agree to process your check-in and allow you to embark the ship. Check-in in Honolulu closes around 5 pm. You would have to arrive at HNL around 3:30 latest to pick up your bags, and head to the port (which is near the airport).  

why dont you try and make arrangements to fly in a day early. most cruise chat lines will advise this. isnt it better to pay for a night in a hotel, rather than take the chance of missing the embarkation, and the hassle of trying to get the ship at the next port. you'd have to pay the fare to get from honolulu to maui anyway, so may as well spend it on a hotel room, and relieve the potential stress.andif you did miss the embarkation, you'd have to find and book a hotel at the last minute

• Like 3

Since this is a totally domestic cruise, on a US flag vessel, there would be no problem with joining the ship later.  The only thing is that you should notify them immediately if you miss embarkation so they don't cancel your reservation.  Your cabin would not be sold to anyone else, but they need to keep the reservation open.

• Thanks 1