Spa Prices

Is is cheaper to buy a massage before the cruise or when on board?  I believe the pre-cruise prices are less, but not sure if the daily specials would be better.  Also curious if we booked ahead of time, would we still get our diamond+ discount?  Thanks for your advice in advance. 

When viewing prices on cruise planner they will vary based on day and time.    Diamond discount only applied onboard.

I have been on a couple cruises this year and haven't seen any specials other than last winter when ships were 30 to 50% capacity.  IMO, spa prices went up a lot this year.

I was just on the Allure and did prebook a pedicure as we were traveling around Florida 7 days prior.  While in the spa, I mentioned a massage so my tech booked it for me for the next day.  I checked the price afterwards.  $189 for a deep tissue 50 minute massage that was not including tip or diamond discount.  I ended up getting one in Costa Maya at Hayhu for $40.  

I get massages and reflexology at home 1x/month so I am familiar with pricing and a good masseuse.  There is no way I'd pay that much for 50 minutes.  Maybe for a 50 minute facial plus a massage.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

$189 for a deep tissue 50 minute massage that was not including tip or diamond discount.  I ended up getting one in Costa Maya at Hayhu for $40.  

I get massages and reflexology at home 1x/month so I am familiar with pricing and a good masseuse.  There is no way I'd pay that much for 50 minutes.  Maybe for a 50 minute facial plus a massage.  

I cannot mention the name for risking being found out of this site's policy.

Junkanoo Beach, Nassau Bahamas, very professional 90-minute massages for my wife and I for much less than the cruise spa prices. Not as cheap as $40 but easily 1/2 of the price of on-board including tips. You will need reservations on cruise days. I would reserve at least two months ahead during the busiest seasons when multiple ships are docking simultaneously.

• Like 1