3 day Ultimate Dining Plan

On a 3 night Nassau/Perfect Day @ Coco Cay cruise, are there options for the Ultimate Dining Plan beyond the 3 dinners?   Possibilities, Lunch on Embarkation Day, Lunch on Nassau day, Lunch on Coco Cay day?   Previous cruisers, how did you maximize UDP on a 3 day cruise?

Just now, Detailedplanner said:

On a 3 night Nassau/Perfect Day @ Coco Cay cruise, are there options for the Ultimate Dining Plan beyond the 3 dinners?   Possibilities, Lunch on Embarkation Day, Lunch on Nassau day, Lunch on Coco Cay day?   Previous cruisers, how did you maximize UDP on a 3 day cruise?

Yes, lunch on embarkation day.

On the days in Nassau and Coco cay some of the restaurants like Johnny Rockets or Playmakers may be open a bit later.  Rule of thumb is that if the restaurant is open it is included regardless of port or sea day

Thanks Ken, we are on Liberty of Seas coming up so Playmakers is not an option and the restaurants are limited.   Not used to smaller class of ships and used to longer than 3 days so we are looking for feedback from previous cruisers of 3 day getaways to maximize our options.  

I was just on Liberty for a 3 day to Coco Cay and we had a sea day rather than Nassau.  Embarkation Lunch for me was in MDR since I purchased The Key.  I've heard that specialty restaurants (Chop's & Giovani's) just serve as overflow seating for embarkation day lunch rather than operating as specialty dining.  Never made it to Johnny Rocket's or Sabor, instead having lunch in Chops as well as a dinner there one night, plus dinner two nights in Giovani's Table.  As for the meals, I would not have felt happy paying the retail price for any of the meals:  the quality just wasn't there.  But the pricing of the UDP and the benefit of ordering bottles of wine at a discount gave it value.

Edited by PWP-001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dohertm1 said:

The main dining room and Windjammer Cafe are free are good. We never paid extra for the ultimate dining plan, especially on a short cruise. It's one of the ways Royal Caribbean tries to get you to spend more money.

The UDP is awesome. The service and peaceful ambience is way better than dining room. Windjammer is a packed chaotic place with nasty food. I find it 100% worth it. Now as far as a waste of money that would be the key. Love dining package. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, renza said:

The UDP is awesome. The service and peaceful ambience is way better than dining room. Windjammer is a packed chaotic place with nasty food. I find it 100% worth it. Now as far as a waste of money that would be the key. Love dining package. 

Your comments are exactly why I purchased UDP on the 3 day cruise.  But Liberty's specialty restaurants (Chop's & Giovani's Table in particular) are just average at best.

• Thanks 1