FBC Transfers

alyssamma

I just used transfers from Flights by Celebrity for the first time and wanted to share my experience. TLDR I got to the ship and back to the airport fine, but the experience was horrible so not something I would repeat.

This is for the 10/26 sailing of the Beyond, out of NJ and back into FLL.

When we landed in Newark, we couldn't find anyone by the baggage claim. There were 3 other couples who were on our flight that were also looking for the rep. Eventually we found her, and I asked when we would leave. She said 10am, and I said, it was 9:55 already. She then said 10:30 and I said fine, where should I wait. She said wait anywhere and she would find us. This ended up being a slight problem because one of the couples from the plane had mobility problems. If the rep had told us where we would catch the shuttle, we could have all waited there, but instead we ended up at the other end of the airport and it took a while for all of us to walk there.

Then, getting off the ship was a nightmare. A large clump of people, no one knew where to go, FLL and MIA mixed together with people also going on excursions. The people running the busses were pretty rude and just yelled at people to wait here or stand over there. Zero communication about when or how the busses would run. I left the ship at 7:20 (had my luggage) and got to MIA 4 hours later.

Again, we ended up getting where we needed to go, but the level of stress was such that I'd just take an Uber the next time.

We didn’t book our flights thru X but did use the transfer from Cape Liberty to Newark Airport at the end of the TA on the 24th.  As our bus was leaving we saw a verrry long line for taxis & Uber.  Those on the roll call reported 2+ hour waits in the rain for a  ride.  Sometimes the transfers  are the best option other times not. Now if we take a transfer it is only on departure as we arrive 1-2 days ahead.

Guest 4-2-N-8

Private transfers always.

Cost is highest, this is true, but...

The convenience, on-time and waiting only for me performance coupled with door-to-door service = priceless.

Best way to start and end a journey.