Show times and days on the Sky Princess?

jrbeccles

Sailing on Sky Princess this coming December. I'd like to book two specialty restaurants, and also book a nightly reservation time in the Main Dining room. My question is, what days and at what times are the major production shows on the Sky? Don't want to book say a Tuesday 7pm dinner at Sabatini's, only to find the big show is that night at that time. I assume there are two show times every night, but I really don’t know. I've not been able, looking at Princess website, to even find out what the names of the shows are. Thanks for the help! 

22 minutes ago, jrbeccles said:

Sailing on Sky Princess this coming December. I'd like to book two specialty restaurants, and also book a nightly reservation time in the Main Dining room. My question is, what days and at what times are the major production shows on the Sky? Don't want to book say a Tuesday 7pm dinner at Sabatini's, only to find the big show is that night at that time. I assume there are two show times every night, but I really don’t know. I've not been able, looking at Princess website, to even find out what the names of the shows are. Thanks for the help! 

We're on the Sky next week out of PE, Eastern Caribbean w/Puerto Rico. Our formal nights are the first sea day, day 3 (embarkation day being day 1) and day 6 (disembarkation day being day 8). There are two showtimes, 7:30 and 9:30. The two main shows are Rock Opera on day 3 and 5 Skies on day 5.

Be careful taking whatever you hear on CC as "gospel"! The very next sailing of the exact same itinerary and same ship.  could see major changes in shows/times. You really can't depend on advance notice for the entertainment. 

Showtime are a bit different. As far as I know, every Princess ship in the fleet adheres to the "2 shows per night" plan. They will not all be "production " shows...but some type of entertainment will be on stage. Times will be either 7:00 & 9:00  or 7:30 & 9:30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Be careful taking whatever you hear on CC as "gospel"! The very next sailing of the exact same itinerary and same ship.  could see major changes in shows/times. You really can't depend on advance notice for the entertainment. 

Showtime are a bit different. As far as I know, every Princess ship in the fleet adheres to the "2 shows per night" plan. They will not all be "production " shows...but some type of entertainment will be on stage. Times will be either 7:00 & 9:00  or 7:30 & 9:30.

Well.we're on the same ship just a few weeks ahead of the OP. Odds are very good that what we have in our planner is what they will see when they board a few weeks after us.  We were on the Enchanted in September and the shows then were identical to what we are scheduled to see on the Sky next week. same days, same shows, same times.

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Well.we're on the same ship just a few weeks ahead of the OP. Odds are very good that what we have in our planner is what they will see when they board a few weeks after us.  We were on the Enchanted in September and the shows then were identical to what we are scheduled to see on the Sky next week. same days, same shows, same times.

The shows usually reverse from one week to the next for stagecraft purposes. 

9 hours ago, jrbeccles said:

Thank you for the guidance! I don’t see any shows yet on the app (Journey) but just the usual bingo, afternoon tea etc. will the shows come later?

I wish I could remember how far in advance the shows start to appear in the app.  When they do finally get loaded, they are sometimes hard to find given the strange and challenging presentation of the Journey Timeline on a tiny cell phone screen. All I can advise is to keep checking in regularly, and when you do, scroll L/R to find the specific day, then scroll L/R again to the 7:30PM mark, then start scrolling down; eventually the evening's Theater show will appear, whether it's the big production show, or the comedian, or the singer etc. Sometimes the "big show" is far down the calendar, so keep searching. You might also want to check in regularly with your sailing's Roll Call, perhaps someone over there has been checking as well and will announce when the shows are posted.